This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20
Hi,

I've bought today a Fibaro Door/Window Sensor and a 1-wire temperature sensor. 
I've connected them according to the attached picture and found that I was able to read only the below data:

1/1/19 Battery Level (looks currently 100%)
1/1/13 Sensor Object - doesn't do anything. I was expecting to give me the temperature from the DS18B20 sensor, but instead I get the value TRUE.
1/1/17 Contact Status - I get only value 22/23, value which gets changed if the magnet is near the Fibaro sensor or not. Currently I've assigned the values 22: Door Open (Ușă Deschisă) and 23: Door Closed (Ușă Închisă).

Am I doing something incorrect, so that I am not getting the temperature reading from the temperature sensor? Is the temperature feature implemented, or I have my temperature sensor broken?

Thank you,
Andreas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

please see T sensor settings in 1-wire tab, make sure you have connected it correctly to LM
Hi Edgars,

I've seen this topic which is treating the 1-wire connection to Reactor v2, but my 1-wire sensor is actually connected to Fibaro Door/Window sensor and not to LM4.
So, the problem is that the Z-Wave /apps/data/zwaveapp/ interface does not reads the data from that sensor. My 1-wire tab from LM4 is empty now (I have turned off the Z-Wave sensor), as you can see in the attached screenshot.

The sensor should appear here, even if it's not connected directly to LM4 to the 1-wire wired interface? Note that I want to have the temperature readout remotely, via the Fibaro Door/Window + temperature sensor.

Andreas

Sensors will only appear if connected directly. If Z-Wave is not handling it properly then the issues is in the Z-Wave app.
(08.08.2016, 10:08)admin Wrote: Sensors will only appear if connected directly. If Z-Wave is not handling it properly then the issues is in the Z-Wave app.

In my current situation, I think there's a SW bug or a feature that needs to be added in a future update of the Z-Wave app.

I have put a picture in attachment with what I get inside the Z-Wave application. For example, the temperature in my room was around 28 degrees Celsius during testing and none of the values that can be read in the Z-Wave application are pointing to that value. Also, when I approach the magnet on the sensor, the "Access Control Object" is changing its "Current value" from 22 to 23. It would be good to change it from 0 to 1, as it's more logically defined.

The extra parameter that the Fibaro Door/Window sensor can read, is the temperature via the 1-wire sensor. 

Is it possible to address these issues to the SW developer that it's handling the Z-Wave application, so that we have this fixed in a future Z-Wave app upgrade?
Is the onewire sensor connected to the doorsensor before attached to the lm?
(08.08.2016, 19:15)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: Is the onewire sensor connected to the doorsensor before attached to the lm?

Yes, see in the attached pictures the way it's wired.
The sensor is connected directly to Fibaro Door/Window sensor and not to LM4.
(09.08.2016, 14:28)andeug Wrote:
(08.08.2016, 19:15)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: Is the onewire sensor connected to the doorsensor before attached to the lm?

Yes, see in the attached pictures the way it's wired.
The sensor is connected directly to Fibaro Door/Window sensor and not to LM4.

Yes, i understand. But I mean: Is the tempsensor added before you do the inclusion into the lm?
Yes, I've did the wirings to the sensor first and then added it into LM. It's strange that I cannot read the temperature in the Z-Wave application...
(09.08.2016, 18:39)andeug Wrote: Yes, I've did the wirings to the sensor first and then added it into LM. It's strange that I cannot read the temperature in the Z-Wave application...

i can try this when im back at the office in 3 weeks.
Sure, take your time. I am also leaving today for a two week holiday, without Internet and phone connection.
I can read the temperature from the 1-wire connected to the door/window sensor.

Do you have the latest zwave app?

Strange. I don't get Temperature Object in my sensor. See the enclosed image.
My sensor is connected exactly as you see it in the pictures. Did you connected yours with the same wirings and colours?

yes i have the same wiring.
Hi,

Do you get the same menus as the ones I get when I mount my Fibaro door sensor?
See the enclosed pictures. I get more than you:

Sensor object - why you have 2?
Alarm type object
Alarm level object
SourceNodeId object
Access Control object - read the commend below about this parameter
Burglar object
Temperature object
Battery Level object
General object

What is in GREEN, we both have. What is marked in RED, I am missing on my Z-Wave application.
How did you added/deleted the other ones? I was thinking to ask your help with below:

1. delete your Z-Wave Fibaro sensor and remove the temperature sensor
2. add it back again without mounting the temperature sensor. What will you get?
3. mount the temperature sensor. Will extra objects will be added?

Another thing is that Access Control object is changing its status from 22 to 23, depending on the magnet, if it's closer to Fibaro sensor or away from it. (door closed/open)

Maybe Edgars can help with a troubleshooting feedback. I could disable the 1-wire sensor and try connecting it directly to LM4. to see if it works.

Other else, can be a firmware issue on the Fibaro door/temperature sensor itself? Any clues?

Thank you,
Andreas

Feedback from Edgars via e-mail:

Quote:its hard to tell. I asked our ZWave developer, he uses regular ZWave profiles.

Maybe the difference is in firmware on the ZWave sensor device if we compare to other forum members?

In attachment you can see the versions that I have on my Z-Wave app and Fibaro sensor. What do you have on yours, gjniewenhuijse

Andreas

Library version: 3
Protocol version: 3.67
Application version: 2.05

there no new firmware for my doorsensor device, so i have the latest one.

Please post your device parameters under advanced tab.
(11.10.2016, 09:36)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: Please post your device parameters under advanced tab.

You can see all the parameters from the Advanced tab. Anything suspicious there?
I have sent today an e-mail to Fibaro Support, maybe they can help me with a feedback regarding the problem I am experiencing.
I will keep you posted as soon as I will get an update.

(11.10.2016, 10:09)andeug Wrote:
(11.10.2016, 09:36)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: Please post your device parameters under advanced tab.

You can see all the parameters from the Advanced tab. Anything suspicious there?
I have sent today an e-mail to Fibaro Support, maybe they can help me with a feedback regarding the problem I am experiencing.
I will keep you posted as soon as I will get an update.

I see something strange after device properties #5, thats not correct. Please ask admin or the zwave developer to login into your device to see whats wrong in de zwave config.

See my device properties attached.

Looks like its not fully included, normaly at include time all parameters are transported, but it looks like he doesn't recognize your device as a fibaro doorsensor.

Attached Files
.pdf   Configuration devices.pdf (Size: 93.21 KB / Downloads: 17)
Hmmm... do you also see the device listed in the same format as me?

“#5 "Unknown: type=0701, id=1001"