This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM - "IP Tunneling" "IP Routing" and "Multicast IP"
Hi,

I'm trying to understand the concept of "IP Tunneling" "IP Routing" and "Multicast IP" for LM

If I have 2 devices on the same VLAN imagine: 192.168.28.01 and  192.168.28.02:
     the device *.01 mode: TP-UART,  knx: 15.15.1 and multicast 224.0.23.12     and 
     the device *.02 mode: IP-Tunneling : router: 192.168.28.01 (device 01), knx: 15.15.2 and multicast 224.0.23.12

Whit this I can send KNX frames from one to other with success and it's possible to update remote values... but
ETS return error programing device 01: "FAILED TO CONNECT TO 1.1.1"  .. if I remove the power of device 02, the programming is updated with success! 

If I have a company with multiple VLANs, it's possible to connect all the to appear on ETS , to program devices from 1 vlan to others ? 

Thanks.
The Mode defines how LM is connecting to KNX. If you select tunneling it means this LM is connected via another interface to TP and the locally connected TP is ignored.
TP-uart is a default mode with the TP and routing enabled. Routing mode is then just routing enabled but TP disabled.

Use TP-uart mode on all and in ETS you may need to use NAT if going from another Vlan

You can also use Zerotier and do it via cloud.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(05.04.2024, 12:49)joaodaniel.pereira Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to understand the concept of "IP Tunneling" "IP Routing" and "Multicast IP" for LM

If I have 2 devices on the same VLAN imagine: 192.168.28.01 and  192.168.28.02:
     the device *.01 mode: TP-UART,  knx: 15.15.1 and multicast 224.0.23.12     and 
     the device *.02 mode: IP-Tunneling : router: 192.168.28.01 (device 01), knx: 15.15.2 and multicast 224.0.23.12

Whit this I can send KNX frames from one to other with success and it's possible to update remote values... but
ETS return error programing device 01: "FAILED TO CONNECT TO 1.1.1"  .. if I remove the power of device 02, the programming is updated with success! 

If I have a company with multiple VLANs, it's possible to connect all the to appear on ETS , to program devices from 1 vlan to others ? 

Thanks.

(05.04.2024, 12:56)Daniel Wrote: The Mode defines how LM is connecting to KNX. If you select tunneling it means this LM is connected via another interface to TP and the locally connected TP is ignored.
TP-uart is a default mode with the TP and routing enabled. Routing mode is then just routing enabled but TP disabled.

Use TP-uart mode on all and in ETS you may need to use NAT if going from another Vlan

You can also use Zerotier and do it via cloud.

ok, this is my original configuration, maybe between vlans port 3671 is blocked on the firewall!