This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Sudden hardware problems!
Exclamation 
I have suddenly started to experience strange behavior from my LM4.
It started with giving me a strange error while trying to run a new script, saying that it cannot find this .lua file... (see error in the attachment).
Then the problems continue by not letting me uninstall an app from the store at first try, it succeed in the second try...
After this I looked in the logs and find the attached errors...
After this I downloaded a new backup file just in case.
Am I having problems with my SD card??
How can I preserve all my work and settings in case the card is corrupted and so is the backup??
How can I replace the card physically and what is the procedure to format and restore the backup? Is there a relative guide or how-to? Can I get also the files through ftp?
I don't want to loose my work and data!
Please advise!

Thank you in advance.
LM ver: 20160927

Attached Files
.pdf   Photos.pdf (Size: 356.36 KB / Downloads: 28)
You can open the backup archive with 7Zip and see if there are any zero-sized files. You can also use our demo LM to check if your backup is valid.

Replacing the SD card is easy, just open the enclosure and you will see it straight away. Follow this guide on how to prepare a new SD card: http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/
(22.05.2017, 06:05)admin Wrote: You can open the backup archive with 7Zip and see if there are any zero-sized files. You can also use our demo LM to check if your backup is valid.

Replacing the SD card is easy, just open the enclosure and you will see it straight away. Follow this guide on how to prepare a new SD card: http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/

Hi, thanks for the answer.
I opened the backup file with winrar and following files are only ones that shown as zero-sized:

Root folder:
  • custom.js
  • custom.css
User Folder:
  • Netatmo.meta (meta file of my "Netatmo" user library?)
  • Daikin.meta (meta file of my "Daikin" user library?)
All other files have greater than zero file size. Do you think that I need to use your demo LM to check my backup validity? Is there a way to get an export of all my objects in order to check them?

Please note that I have'nt reboot my LM4 for more than a year now, is there a chance that any modifications I have made since then (new objects, new scripts etc) to get lost if i shut down in order to replace the sd card?

Regarding the replacement, the only samsung card I can find is a "Samsung Pro microSDHC 8GB Class 10", is this compatible (SDHC) with my LM4? Is there a max-capacity limmit? 

Thank you in advance.
These files can be zero, that's fine. Contact us by e-mail and we will provide access to one of our LMs so you can test your latest backup. Everything is stored on the SD, so if it fails you'll lose everything. That's why you should do regular backups. Cards up to 32GB are supported.