Logic Machine Forum
TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - Printable Version

+- Logic Machine Forum (https://forum.logicmachine.net)
+-- Forum: LogicMachine eco-system (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scripting (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands (/showthread.php?tid=1188)

TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - Mr.D - 22.01.2018

Hi,

Could some help with writing a TCP/IP protocol command?

I would like to send a command to ip address 1.1.1.1 with port 11.
The command is PWON and the regular expression is <CR>

This is so I can communicate with my Denon AVR.
Also for status I like know how to pull/request a status..?

Anyone?

BR
Mr.D

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - baggins - 22.01.2018

(22.01.2018, 17:19)Mr. Danielsen Wrote: Hi,

Could some help with writing a TCP/IP protocol command?

I would like to send a command to ip address 1.1.1.1 with port 11.
The command is PWON and the regular expression is <CR>

This is so I can communicate with my Denon AVR.
Also for status I like know how to pull/request a status..?

Anyone?

BR
Mr.D

Try this:
Code:
nextline = '\r\n'
local socket = require("socket")  
local tcp = assert(socket.tcp())
tcp:settimeout(0.3)
connected,err = tcp:connect('1.1.1,1', '5000')
result,err = tcp:send('PWON'  .. nextline)
local rec,status,partial = tcp:receive('*a')
closing = tcp:close()

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - Mr.D - 24.01.2018

nextline = '\r\n'

What should be filled in for r and n?
Aslo, for the *a?

I tried it as it was, except I changed the IP address and the port to the AVR receiver, but the script did not work...

Br.
Mr.D

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - baggins - 24.01.2018

(24.01.2018, 18:12)Mr. Danielsen Wrote: nextline = '\r\n'

What should be filled in for r and n?
Aslo, for the *a?

I tried it as it was, except I changed the IP address and the port to the AVR receiver, but the script did not work...

Br.
Mr.D

The '\r\n' is short for carriage return/newline. Nothing to change.

You should change nothing except the IP address.

This is an extract of a longer script I use to control my Denon.
Are you sure your Denon listens to another port? What port do you use?

BR

Hi,

I re-did the process. It seems that there was a small error in the script for IP address.
I have used a , instead of . Sad

Now it works Smile
I am using port 23, using port 5000 does not work for me
The Denon I am using is AVR 3313...

How do I collect the status of the AVR?

Thanks for your help Smile
BR,
Mr.D

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - baggins - 24.01.2018

(24.01.2018, 18:38)Mr. Danielsen Wrote: Hi,

I re-did the process. It seems that there was a small error in the script for IP address.
I have used a , instead of . Sad

Now it works Smile
I am using port 23, using port 5000 does not work for me
The Denon I am using is AVR 3313...

How do I collect the status of the AVR?

Thanks for your help Smile
BR,
Mr.D

Glad that it works.

So you are using the standard telnet port. I forgot why I am actually using port 5000...
Remember that you can only have one connection at the time.
I have an AVR X2200.

I believe that the response of the AVR is in the 'result' variable. I do nothing with it at the moment...

BR.

Hi,

Ok Smile Thanks for you help!

BR,
Mr.D

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - NLCarrII - 11.06.2018

Hello,

I also have a Denon Receiver.  AVR-X2300W or the AVR-X2100W.  I am trying to send it strings via RS232 and IP but it does not respond.  

To increase the volume, I've tried MVUP, MVUP\r\n, MVUP<CR>, MVUP0x0D, MVUP^M^J (ELK-M1G Carraige Return), but nothing seems to cause a change in the receiver.  

I can connect and then control the receiver via the factory Denon remote while I monitor the strings sent from the receiver.  If I increase the volume from 45 to 45.5 I see MV455.  I send MV46 to change the volume to 46 using all the types of carriage returns and I get nothing.  

Sometimes the receiver will respond to a command out of the blue, but nothing consistent.  

When I use the Denon App on iPhone, I also see the strings leaving the receiver, as I change the volume, so I am pretty sure if my phone can communicate over IP, then I should also be able to as well.  As a test, I deleted the app because I read somewhere that the receiver can only handle one connection at a time.  Still no change.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - Erwin van der Zwart - 11.06.2018

Hi,

Have you tried this sample already? (not sure if it is also for your device)

http://openrb.com/example-use-lm2-as-tcp-client-for-reading-data-from-home-theater/

BR,

Erwin

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - NLCarrII - 12.06.2018

(11.06.2018, 21:47)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

http://openrb.com/example-use-lm2-as-tcp-client-for-reading-data-from-home-theater/

BR,

Erwin

That could be where I am having issues.  All I am doing is connecting to the IP Address of my Denon on Port 23.  I am then sending individual commands.  MVUP<CR> for example.  After some more research, I cannot remember where, it said that the Denon is looking for a "packet" of information and it must be received in 40ms.  I am only sending the single string.

What I am trying to accomplish is this...  I have an M1G Security System with an M1XEP Ethernet Expander.  I can send IP strings from the M1XEP to another IP Address and Port (hopefully the Denon Receiver).  When I disarm the alarm, I want the M1XEP to send strings to the Denon to turn on, go to a specific source, and raise the volume to 45.  I have accomplished this with an older Integra Receiver with no issues, so I am baffled by this on the Denon. 

ELK Products also makes an M1XSP Serial Expander that I could connect straight serial to the Denon, but so far testing with my computer and a USB-Serial cable is not working either.  The M1XSP also works with the Integra receiver.

This may also be the wrong community, but I am hoping some of this knowledge is transferable.

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - baggins - 12.06.2018

(12.06.2018, 15:02)NLCarrII Wrote:
(11.06.2018, 21:47)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

BR,

Erwin

That could be where I am having issues.  All I am doing is connecting to the IP Address of my Denon on Port 23.  I am then sending individual commands.  MVUP<CR> for example.  After some more research, I cannot remember where, it said that the Denon is looking for a "packet" of information and it must be received in 40ms.  I am only sending the single string.

What I am trying to accomplish is this...  I have an M1G Security System with an M1XEP Ethernet Expander.  I can send IP strings from the M1XEP to another IP Address and Port (hopefully the Denon Receiver).  When I disarm the alarm, I want the M1XEP to send strings to the Denon to turn on, go to a specific source, and raise the volume to 45.  I have accomplished this with an older Integra Receiver with no issues, so I am baffled by this on the Denon. 

ELK Products also makes an M1XSP Serial Expander that I could connect straight serial to the Denon, but so far testing with my computer and a USB-Serial cable is not working either.  The M1XSP also works with the Integra receiver.

This may also be the wrong community, but I am hoping some of this knowledge is transferable.

When you first send the command to turn the Denon ON (PWON) , you have to wait 1 second before sending the next command.

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - NLCarrII - 13.06.2018

Thanks everyone for your help.  I tried more this morning and still had no luck.  Just to be sure...  Do I need a Carriage Return, or can I just send PWON? 

I downloaded a program named Hercules HW and connected to the Denon on Port 23, and again I can see all the traffic.  When I power on with the remote, I get something similar to PWON ZMON and when I power off with the remote, I get PWSTANDBY ZMOFF.  I have tried sending the same commands in the same order with no luck.

I can post a screenshot of all the feedback I am receiving or sending, if needed.

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - admin - 14.06.2018

CR (\r) is required for the device to distinguish each command

RE: TCP/IP Protocol - Commands - NLCarrII - 14.06.2018

(14.06.2018, 05:58)admin Wrote: CR (\r) is required for the device to distinguish each command

OK.  I will try sending PWON\r instead of PWON\r\n and go from there.  Thank You.

Also... Does the Denon App for iPhone connect on Port 23 or on a different port, or would it create a conflict with the messages I am trying to send?

Last night my receiver requested I do a FW Update and I thought this may fix it if something is jammed up in the memory. After the update, no change. Found out how to do a Factory Default, still no change. I am going to try and contact Denon Technical Support. Maybe I am missing something glaringly obvious that they can point out to me.