Logic Machine Forum
CanX UIO8 (8 Universal IO ports + LoRa) (0.2) - Printable Version

+- Logic Machine Forum (https://forum.logicmachine.net)
+-- Forum: LogicMachine eco-system (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: CANx (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: CanX UIO8 (8 Universal IO ports + LoRa) (0.2) (/showthread.php?tid=2023)

CanX UIO8 (8 Universal IO ports + LoRa) (0.2) - Kai-Roger - 11.04.2019

Hi.

Why can i activate a port both as a input and a output at the same time?

BR
Kai-Roger

RE: CanX UIO8 (8 Universal IO ports + LoRa) (0.2) - AEK - 11.04.2019

(11.04.2019, 19:11)Kai-Roger Wrote: Hi.

BR
Kai-Roger

it's not a bug, it's a feature))
when you will change value of output object, input value will change too. it's like real hardware status (not software) when you realy know that voltage on clamp is 24 v

RE: CanX UIO8 (8 Universal IO ports + LoRa) (0.2) - Kai-Roger - 11.04.2019

(11.04.2019, 19:16)AEK Wrote:

BR
Kai-Roger

when you will change value of output object, input value will change too. it's like real hardware status (not software) when you realy know that voltage on clamp is 24 v

So what you say, is that when i use it as output, the input object will change if i short circut the output? And this is to tell me that the output has a faulty condition?

(11.04.2019, 19:27)Kai-Roger Wrote:
(11.04.2019, 19:16)AEK Wrote:

BR
Kai-Roger

So what you say, is that when i use it as output, the input object will change if i short circut the output? And this is to tell me that the output has a faulty condition?
sorry, my english is not well, so if I mistake Admin and Edgar will fix my words.
if you short circut the output and GND clamp this channel will go to fault mode. it will go to "off" state until you restart device by power supply. 

but with configuration on your screen if you will control relay you will have real status of output chanel, because input use other pins of device CPU

RE: CanX UIO8 (8 Universal IO ports + LoRa) (0.2) - Kai-Roger - 11.04.2019

(11.04.2019, 19:42)AEK Wrote: sorry, my english is not well, so if I mistake Admin and Edgar will fix my words.

if you short circut the output and GND clamp this channel will go to fault mode. it will go to "off" state until you restart device by power supply. 

but with configuration on your screen if you will control relay you will have real status of output chanel, because input use other pins of device CPU

So it is a better solution input as status object than just using the output status object of the output?

(11.04.2019, 19:52)Kai-Roger Wrote:
(11.04.2019, 19:42)AEK Wrote: sorry, my english is not well, so if I mistake Admin and Edgar will fix my words.

So it is a better solution input as status object than just using the output status object of the output?
I think yes, but its better to wait Admin's opinionSmile