Logic Machine Forum
Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - Printable Version

+- Logic Machine Forum (https://forum.logicmachine.net)
+-- Forum: LogicMachine eco-system (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 (/showthread.php?tid=370)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - gjniewenhuijse - 11.10.2016

see screenshot

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - andeug - 11.10.2016

OK, so there is clearly something wrong with my Fibaro device. Or an incompatibility with the Z-Wave app...

Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - gjniewenhuijse - 11.10.2016

If you have a rpi, you can install a domoticz image, thats also based on openzwave.

And the try if its see your device correctly.

Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - andeug - 11.10.2016

(11.10.2016, 12:11)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: If you have a rpi, you can install a domoticz image, thats also based on openzwave.

I have both Rpi2 and 3. Under which OS works Domoticz? And does it works with the Z-Wave.me dongle, or how did you connect to the Fibaro sensor?

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - gjniewenhuijse - 11.10.2016

(11.10.2016, 12:14)andeug Wrote:
(11.10.2016, 12:11)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: If you have a rpi, you can install a domoticz image, thats also based on openzwave.

I have both Rpi2 and 3. Under which OS works Domoticz? And does it works with the Z-Wave.me dongle, or how did you connect to the Fibaro sensor?

Domoticz is based on Linux, how to install: https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Domoticz_RaspberryPi_SD_Image

Yes your dongle works, i have the same.

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - andeug - 31.10.2016

Attached is the Fibaro Door/Window user's manual, received from Fibaro with the message: 

"Last firmware version of Door/Window sensor is 2.5, I’m afraid it is not possible to upgrade it from different gateway than Home Center 2 or Home Center Lite. You can try to ask your local reseller to help you in upgrading firmware, we have Exclusive Distributor in Sweden – www.gronahus.se, maybe they will help you with this topic."

I didn't had time to look lately into my problem, but it might be a firmware issue with my sensor. I need to check this first...

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - andeug - 10.12.2016

OK... it looks good in Domoticz. 
I think there is something with the Z-Wave application inside LM4, it does not looks discovered correctly there...

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - gjniewenhuijse - 11.12.2016

(10.12.2016, 12:21)andeug Wrote: OK... it looks good in Domoticz. 
I think there is something with the Z-Wave application inside LM4, it does not looks discovered correctly there...

Did you also receive the temperature in Domoticz?

Latest lm zwave app supports the latest door sensors

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - andeug - 11.12.2016

I need to buy another 1-wire temperature sensor, because the one which I've had it with this sensor I've connected it directly to my LM4 and sits now inside the electric panel.
Overall I think it looks better now. Did you changed some settings in the Device Properties "Advanced", so that you see the temperature in the "Basic" tab?

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - gjniewenhuijse - 12.12.2016

(11.12.2016, 19:43)andeug Wrote: I need to buy another 1-wire temperature sensor, because the one which I've had it with this sensor I've connected it directly to my LM4 and sits now inside the electric panel.
Overall I think it looks better now. Did you changed some settings in the Device Properties "Advanced", so that you see the temperature in the "Basic" tab?

nope, i didn't change a parameter to use temperatures.

RE: Fibaro Door/Window Sensor + 1-wire DS18B20 - gjniewenhuijse - 23.01.2017

Hello, i have new door/window sensors and the same problem. But it looks like it has something todo with the include procedure. If i do the following steps it works for me:
- activate battery
- close sensor case
- set lm4 to include
- push the button on the bottom of the sensor 3 times (quick)
- wait for minimal 1 minute so all parameters are transfered (if you do not, then some parameters are missing and excluding of the sensor crashed the zwave deamon).