Logic Machine Forum
Zerotier - Printable Version

+- Logic Machine Forum (https://forum.logicmachine.net)
+-- Forum: LogicMachine eco-system (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gateway (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Zerotier (/showthread.php?tid=5625)

Zerotier - guillermo - 19.09.2024

Buenos dias,

Tengo dos LM en la misma red zerotier el primero con la 192.168.193.250 y el segundo con la 192.168.193.251 esta los dos configurados como TP-UART, se ven como vecinos pero no puedo pasa datos de uno a otro.

Como lo puedo hacer, que estoy haciendo mal?

Gracias

I have two LMs on the same zerotier network, the first with 192.168.193.250 and the second with 192.168.193.251, both configured as TP-UART, they appear as neighbors but I can't pass data from one to the other.

How can I do this? What am I doing wrong?

RE: Zerotier - Daniel - 19.09.2024

Please write in EN.
This will not work. You can do something different and send data via our cloud using MQTT. Just link both LMs to the same network and then tag all objects you want to exchange data with tag 'lmcloud' Make sure to sync LM cloud app after each change.

RE: Zerotier - kyxsinea - 20.09.2024

(19.09.2024, 12:44)Daniel Wrote: Please write in EN.
This will not work.  You can do something different and send data via our cloud using MQTT.  Just link both LMs to the same network and then tag all objects you want to exchange data with tag 'lmcloud'  Make sure to sync LM cloud app after each change.

Good morning,
I have two LMs on the same zerotier network, the first with 192.168.193.250 and the second with 192.168.193.251, both configured as TP-UART, they look like neighbors but I cannot pass data from one to the other.
How can I do it, what am I doing wrong?
Thank you

They should be able to communicate, in the end it is as if they were local, in any case I have made a network in the logic machine cloud, I have put the label that you indicate and it does not work either.

RE: Zerotier - Daniel - 20.09.2024

Are they on the same network? If yes share the KNX settings.
For cloud make sure the the gateway is set correctly and LM cloud can sync - see logs
Also login to cloud, go to settings and check if both LMs are connected.

Zerotier - guillermo - 23.09.2024

(20.09.2024, 10:15)Daniel Wrote: Are they on the same network? If yes share the KNX settings.
For cloud make sure the the gateway is set correctly and LM cloud can sync - see logs
Also login to cloud, go to settings and check if both LMs are connected.

What I want to know is why if they are in local they can communicate between them and when they are connected through ZeroTier they don´t but both of LM can see the other as neighbor. 

I share some screenshots of my configurations in ZeroTier and LM´s. Thanks in advance.

RE: Zerotier - admin - 24.09.2024

KNX/IP works over multicast and it can only work via a single network interface. Right now it can only work via the default Ethernet connection but not over ZeroTier or any other virtual connection.
We might implement this feature in the next firmware release.

RE: Zerotier - bgb - 24.09.2024

(24.09.2024, 07:33)admin Wrote: KNX/IP works over multicast and it can only work via a single network interface. Right now it can only work via the default Ethernet connection but not over ZeroTier or any other virtual connection.

Thanks, that´s what we need. We are in a project to comunicate 200 LMs in different regions/areas an this feature will really help us to success. We hope to get this firmware update soon.

RE: Zerotier - Daniel - 24.09.2024

For 200 LMs MQTT solution I proposed will be much better solution. Multicast doesn't have any guarantee for delivery, it is just sent with just hope it was delivered.

RE: Zerotier - guillermo - 25.09.2024

(24.09.2024, 07:33)admin Wrote: KNX/IP works over multicast and it can only work via a single network interface. Right now it can only work via the default Ethernet connection but not over ZeroTier or any other virtual connection.

We also have a project, in which we want to use communication via Zerotier. To communicate several facilities of the same client, that is what a zerotier network consists of.

RE: Zerotier - bgb - 25.09.2024

(24.09.2024, 12:45)Daniel Wrote: For 200 LMs MQTT solution I proposed will be much better solution. Multicast doesn't have any guarantee for delivery, it is just sent with just hope it was delivered.
Our goal is to gather information from different LMs located in various cities and visualize it in a centralized EvolutionBMS. We aim to achieve this through ZeroTier, as it will simplify the configurations.

RE: Zerotier - admin - 25.09.2024

If your BMS supports KNX tunneling then you can connect to each LM separately. Having 200 LMs on the same virtual multicast network will likely cause performance issues. ZeroTier subscription for a large network is also quite expensive.