Logic Machine Forum
Leds in Ethernet Port always On, even when I have not plugged the RJ45 plug. - Printable Version

+- Logic Machine Forum (https://forum.logicmachine.net)
+-- Forum: LogicMachine eco-system (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.logicmachine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Leds in Ethernet Port always On, even when I have not plugged the RJ45 plug. (/showthread.php?tid=5629)

Leds in Ethernet Port always On, even when I have not plugged the RJ45 plug. - batistacaceres - 23.09.2024

Hello Team:

When I turn on my logicmachine, with external 24VCD, without having connected the RJ45 plug (Ethernet Port), the lights in the RJ45 plug always are light ON (orange one and green one always ligths ON). I have factory restarted the logicMachine, but the problem is continue.
The leds in the logicMachine they are OK but the leds in the Ethernet Port must be lights off without Ethernet connection.

Is there any way to solve it?

best regard
Roger

RE: Leds in Ethernet Port always On, even when I have not plugged the RJ45 plug. - admin - 24.09.2024

Green LED indicates that the network chip is up and running. When a cable is connected it will blink to indicate network activity. Orange LED indicated network speed - on for 100M, off for 10M.

RE: Leds in Ethernet Port always On, even when I have not plugged the RJ45 plug. - batistacaceres - 24.09.2024

(24.09.2024, 06:47)admin Wrote: Green LED indicates that the network chip is up and running. When a cable is connected it will blink to indicate network activity. Orange LED indicated network speed - on for 100M, off for 10M.

I have a lot of other LogicMachine, and when I unplug the Ethernet port in the others logicMachine, thouse leds go off, but as you can see in the image in this LogicMachine, even if I have not plug Ethernet port thouse leds are lights on.
This logicMachine some times lose conectivity, Could it be by this problem?, I have change this one by another one and now every thing is allright, but I need to repair this one. How Could I repair this one?, Is this a recogniced problem?, or may be Ethernet port is out of order?
Thank you very much
best regards
Roger

RE: Leds in Ethernet Port always On, even when I have not plugged the RJ45 plug. - admin - 24.09.2024

Do you have the latest firmware installed? There was a rare issue that the connection would not recover if it was lost during normal operation.

RE: Leds in Ethernet Port always On, even when I have not plugged the RJ45 plug. - batistacaceres - 24.09.2024

(24.09.2024, 08:10)admin Wrote: Do you have the latest firmware installed? There was a rare issue that the connection would not recover if it was lost during normal operation.

Version: 20240124

best regards
Roger

Try installing the latest 2024.04. If the problem persists then contact us via email for a replacement.

(24.09.2024, 08:48)admin Wrote: Try installing the latest 2024.04. If the problem persists then contact us via email for a replacement.

Ill try, Thank you very much

best regards
Roger