This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Reactor LTE problem
Hi guys
I received my LogicMachine5 Reactor LTE last Friday and I'm trying to get the LTE connection up and running before sending it out to our customer.
I followed the instruction you posted to another customer with a similar problem, and got these results:

Code:
* arg: 1
  * string: open port
* arg: 2
  * string: /dev/ttyUSB2

* string: AT&F
OK
+CPIN: SIM PIN
ATE1
OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"
ERROR
ATD*99***1#
ERROR

And ran the other script to check signal strength i assume?

Code:
* string: Signal: 29
* string: SIM: unknown
* string: Network: no info

Am I missing something?
Remove PIN code protection from the SIM card and try again.
(27.05.2024, 10:03)admin Wrote: Remove PIN code protection from the SIM card and try again.

Thank you, that worked

1 more question!
How do I configure ZeroTier without setting a Gateway IP?
ZeroTier needs internet access so it won't work without a gateway/DNS. When 3G/4G connection becomes active it will override the default gateway so all external traffic is routed via the mobile network.
(27.05.2024, 13:29)admin Wrote: ZeroTier needs internet access so it won't work without a gateway/DNS. When 3G/4G connection becomes active it will override the default gateway so all external traffic is routed via the mobile network.

Does that mean that I can't use ZeroTier?

I waited until I could see my 4G IP under 3G/4G settings, then I clicked on ZeroTier and it came with a red message that I need a Gateway IP before I can use ZeroTier!
It will work, but you need to set gateway and DNS in Ethernet settings. Otherwise you will get this error message.
(27.05.2024, 15:57)admin Wrote: It will work, but you need to set gateway and DNS in Ethernet settings. Otherwise you will get this error message.

Perfect, can I set my sim cards IP as gateway? and just use google as DNS?
Set proper gateway for the local network. You can use Google DNS.
When the mobile network is connected the default gateway will switch to the mobile network automatically.
(27.05.2024, 15:38)Novodk Wrote:
(27.05.2024, 13:29)admin Wrote: ZeroTier needs internet access so it won't work without a gateway/DNS. When 3G/4G connection becomes active it will override the default gateway so all external traffic is routed via the mobile network.

Does that mean that I can't use ZeroTier?

I waited until I could see my 4G IP under 3G/4G settings, then I clicked on ZeroTier and it came with a red message that I need a Gateway IP before I can use ZeroTier!

You need to set gateway in Interface eth0 configuration. This won't affect 3G/4G connectivity.