This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Daikin EKFCMBCB7 Modbus
Hi,

Anyone successfully connected to a Daikin Modbus board (EKFCMBCB7)?

The modbus register list I got doesn't look like the correct one (the returning values are sketchy), but the D3 variation is not working at all.

I'm attaching the files the installer provided to me.

Thanks

Attached Files
.pdf   BMSmodbus EKFCMBCB full-2.pdf (Size: 4.8 MB / Downloads: 55)
.pdf   IM_EKFCMBCB7_tcm135-204242.PDF (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 40)
To get real input register address subtract 30001 from the documented address, for holding registers subtract 40001.
(14.11.2023, 12:18)admin Wrote: To get real input register address subtract 30001 from the documented address, for holding registers subtract 40001.

That's not an issue, I know that. In fact I don't trust the register list and the actual module are corresponding to each other.
I solved the issue - the installer didn't set somethings on the units.

I'm also attaching a json file for integration.

Attached Files
.json   daikin_EKFCMBCB7.json (Size: 13.82 KB / Downloads: 35)
(16.11.2023, 19:42)zoltan Wrote: I solved the issue - the installer didn't set somethings on the units.

I'm also attaching a json file for integration.

hi, could someone help me to generate the json profile od Daikin modbus interface DCOM-LT/IO ?? Thanks in advance
Start by sharing documentation and use read test to find correct configuration.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(20.06.2024, 06:42)Daniel Wrote: Start by sharing documentation and use read test to find correct configuration.

the documentation:

https://my.daikin.eu/content/dam/documen...nglish.pdf

how can i use the read test ? Could u explain me step by step ? TNX

REGISTER FORMATS
The DCOM documentation uses Modbus Register Offset numbering for all registers. A register is specified by the function type (Holding or Input) and the Register Offset. The register offset is a value between 0 and 65535.
To use the alternative Modicon register addressing mode 3xxxx and 4xxxx it is necessary to perform a conversion. The
Modicon Base Holding register is 40001, and the Modicon Base Input register is 30001. To convert DCOM registers to Modicon format, add the DCOM Register Offset to the Modicon Base Register.

examples:

DCOM Holding Register 1 = 40001 + 1
= Modicon Register 40002

DCOM Input Register 20    =  30001 + 20
= Modicon Register 30021

This conversion is only supported for Modbus register offsets upto 9999. All DCOM application registers are below this
offset.

Attached Files
.pdf   DCOM-LT-MB reference manual_English.pdf (Size: 514.29 KB / Downloads: 8)
First set the RTU settings to match settigs of your slave then just press RTU test, From manuals select one register of which you know what the value should be and try setting it up. Manuals defines it fairly clear.
Ctrl+F5
i'm not able to find "RTU test" in the modbus tab, i can see only RTU Setting, i set to to rtu-1 because i've the dcom on that port, aftert that i can see "scan rtu" and "read test", no rtu test...

i did this one and it seems to work, i tested the Leaving Water Main Cooling Setpoint Temperature and it's really 14°C

Yes I meant Read test.
Use this profile as your starting point.

Attached Files
.json   DCOM-LT MB.json (Size: 611 bytes / Downloads: 8)
Ctrl+F5
(21.06.2024, 16:36)Daniel Wrote: Yes I meant Read test.
Use this profile as your starting point.
ok thanks,

but is possible to have a complete profile or could You explain me how i've to go forward ?
Here is the documentation but you already have the 3 registers and based on device documentation just copy paste and change relevant parameters.
https://kb.logicmachine.net/misc/modbus-profile/
Ctrl+F5
(21.06.2024, 18:18)Daniel Wrote: Here is the documentation but you already have the 3 registers and based on device documentation just copy paste and change relevant parameters.
https://kb.logicmachine.net/misc/modbus-profile/

thank you for your help, check if my attached (incomplete) file is OK and please tell me how I can know if a register is writable or not (I think holding is writable and input not) and how I know the bus_datatype format, I should go forward but I'm not sure for next registers because there are formats as text16, temp16, etc

Attached Files
.json   DCOM-LT MB.json (Size: 5.52 KB / Downloads: 7)
It looks OK but you have to test it. The manuals should clearly define which register is writable and which do not. There is no rule for this but inputregister should be read only. This manual do not explain it well so ether contact manufacture or try and test. The bus_datatype is just your choice of dpt in LM you want the data to be used. If you use different "datatype" and "bus_datatype" then LM will convert it.
Ctrl+F5