This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

No external zigbee antenna on LM5-KCDZ
Hi!

I'm very intrigued by the new LM5-KCDZ, but as far as I can see there is no connector for an external ZigBee-antenna - unlike the RS232 ZigBee gateway (And Schneider SpaceLogic Hybrid for that matter)

Not sure this will work very well inside a metal closet..? Am I better off with a LM5Lp2 and the separate ZigBee gateway? Was hoping to both save a couple of TE, but mostly a RS232 interface that I can find better uses for...

Regards,
Stian
If you will use metal enclosure then better use https://openrb.com/zigbee-rs232-gateway/
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Ok, thanks. That's a pity. In Norway (at least, not much knowledge of regulations in other countries) the enclosure in residential buildings has to comply with ISO 1182 - which effectively prohibits anything but metal. Of course the LM5-KCDZ can be in a separate casing outside the main enclosure, but that's rarely a good solution.

So that is indeed a pity.

I found a picture on Logic Machine Italia's Instagram, (https://www.instagram.com/p/C-iR2QvoA1d/?img_index=5) where something that at least looks like a MHF-connector is visible. But that doesn't do anything?

I had other plans for the RS232-port, that's why the KCDZ was so interesting.

Other than the CAN FT, Dali and Zigbee, is the hardware identical to the "normal" LM5 Lite? Same cpu and memory?

Thanks.

Gawking a bit more at those pictures, it looks like the LM5-KCDZ has a RF-BM-2652P2 - which is very interesting! Might we see BLE in the future? Heart
Hmm. No feedback on wether the CPU and memory is the same as the other LM5 Lite?

(And about future BLE for that matter Rolleyes )
CPU and memory is the same.
Why do you mention BLE?
Ctrl+F5
Ok, thanks. Because looking at pictures it seems that LM5-KCDZ has RF-BM-2652P2 module from RF Star - which is a multi-protocol Zigbee/BLE/Thread module...

But I see that the image I mentioned earlier from Logic Machine Italia's Instagram is actually removed now Huh
Yes it is but currently we are not planning to use it for anything else.
Ctrl+F5