This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LAN/KNX communication settings
Hello there,
I would like to ask, what will be the best LAN/KNX communication settings to optimize the traffic in this configuration. Each LM will be used to visualize data from four, up to six lines (e.g. one floor with two lines or two floors with three lines each). Routing, tunneling or should I play with multicast addresses?

What is the best practice and the fastest way to create filter tables? Are dummies the way to go, or is there a batter way? I need to send around 500 variables/group addresses to each LM from four up to six different lines.

This example is just a part of a project with five LM’s in total and more knx lines of course.
Will be very much grateful for every suggestion.
Dawid

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It depends of your project. You can import filter table automatically but then it will be whole filter table, you could then delete what is not needed. Other option is to filter by individual addresses. 3.1.* will filter whole line. Or you can combine both import whole filter table and add additional filter for individual addresses.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(06.09.2024, 08:14)Daniel Wrote: It depends of your project. You can import filter table automatically but then it will be whole filter table, you could then delete what is not needed. Other option is to filter by individual addresses. 3.1.* will filter whole line. Or you can combine both import whole filter table and add additional filter for individual addresses.

Hello Daniel and thank you for your suggestions. 
Could you please explain a little more how I can import and edit filter tables?
Is it important that the LM,s have the individual addresses from backbone line (0.0.1...255), or is ti completely irrelevant for IP routing?
Just import ETS project and select: Create filtering table from the project data:
Ctrl+F5
(09.09.2024, 07:30)Daniel Wrote: Just import ETS project and select: Create filtering table from the project data:

But I need to first create a filter tables for line couplers in ETS, right?
Yes
Ctrl+F5