This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI on DW1 - some doubts
Hi,

I have some problems with LM-DW1 and DALI (on internal 1 and 2). I tested an other Master DALI on the same cable and it works properly.

I read 3 DALI ECG at the first step (it was ok).
I plugged other 30 ECG and now I don't see any other DALI....I changed the power supply --> I saw too many ECG ( overflow ? ) --> I clicked to new installation...and now I don't see any ECG
How can I restart the configuration from the first step ?

Can you explain better me the difference about the modes for the DALI below?

BR,
Alberto

version DALI libraries 20200722
KNX Advanced Partner + Tutor
After making new installation you deleted previous configuration. You should select Set addresses for new devices only.
It looks like you have some wiring issue. Make sure it is a line topology and compare voltage on first and last ballast. The difference should not be bigger then 2V.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
"Full scan, set short addresses" will readdress all ballasts and mapping to groups will be removed. DALI addressing is random so existing ballasts will most likely get a different short address.

"Full scan, clear device mapping" / "Full scan, keep device mapping" scans the whole short address range without assigning new short addresses. Mapping to objects is either kept or cleared.

"Partial scan, only add new devices" scans only unassigned short address range and adds new ballasts if found. For this to work ballasts must already have a short address assigned manually.

"Set addresses for new devices only" should be used adding new ballasts to an existing installation.

Use the first option if you want to start from scratch.