This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

HMI Client recommendations
Hi,

Not Shure this is the correct place to post this, but does anybody use the LM as a server and a hmi screen as a client?
I’m very interested in hearing what type of hmi screen you have used.

I see that Schneider have one, but I don’t like the design on that one so much. Maybe there are other manufacture that is better to use?

BR Even Sundgot.
Hi,

Any HMI running a HTML5 browser that supports websockets (all latest versions do that) should work.

BR,

Erwin
(17.06.2018, 10:51)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Any HMI running a HTML5 browser that supports websockets (all latest versions do that) should work.

BR,

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for the information, regarding video intercom. Do you have any experience using this on a hmi client? 

BR Even Sundgot.
Hi,

Intercom is not supported by the controller, only thing you could do is use a android based panel and install a client app from the DES supplier on this panel.

BR,

Erwin
(17.06.2018, 13:18)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Intercom is not supported by the controller, only thing you could do is use a android based panel and install a client app from the DES supplier on this panel.

BR,

Erwin

Hi,

Ok, Thanks!. 

Hope the LM will support SIP soon. 
Video intercom is something that is very important for my upcoming projects.

BR Even Sundgot.
Hi,

Don’t count on it to come soon or even don’t count on that it will come at all..

BR,

Erwin
Hi! We think that SIP client functionality should come together with a client device / touchscreen. We are working in this direction. Stay tuned! Wink
(18.06.2018, 07:05)edgars Wrote: Hi! We think that SIP client functionality should come together with a client device / touchscreen. We are working in this direction. Stay tuned! Wink

Hi, a touchscreen from Embeded Systems would be a great product. This combined with SIP would make it a complete product for my types of projects. Looking forward to it!  Smile

BR Even Sundgot.
I still find that the best visu/touchscreen is an ipad. It allows for easy web/interface viewing and you can also use it to control other things: check agenda, weather, control homekit/siri, hue, sonos, etc... I have a wallmounted ipad on each floor. Also if you have a mobile ipad or iphone you use in the house it can also be used as a client and used to answer the doorcall.
Most customers are also familiar with an ipad. Latest generation is only 360 euro here in Belgium - sometimes you can find it even with 10% discount...or use a refurbished unit/older generation...

As for SIP/VOIP: I am using the free linphone as sip-server, on the ipad/iphone i am using Bria Mobile as a client. I am currently using an axis-camera at my front door which supports SIP - I trigger this securitycam (also registers all video) to make a VOIP call when somebody rings my doorbell and my ipad and/or my iphone start ringing -  I can answer/talk and see video/audio.

When using a doorstation it should be possible to program the SIP-serverinfo for linphone, etc in the interface.
(19.06.2018, 13:08)bmodeco Wrote: I still find that the best visu/touchscreen is an ipad. It allows for easy web/interface viewing and you can also use it to control other things: check agenda, weather, control homekit/siri, hue, sonos, etc... I have a wallmounted ipad on each floor. Also if you have a mobile ipad or iphone you use in the house it can also be used as a client and used to answer the doorcall.
Most customers are also familiar with an ipad. Latest generation is only 360 euro here in Belgium - sometimes you can find it even with 10% discount...or use a refurbished unit/older generation...

As for SIP/VOIP: I am using the free linphone as sip-server, on the ipad/iphone i am using Bria Mobile as a client. I am currently using an axis-camera at my front door which supports SIP - I trigger this securitycam (also registers all video) to make a VOIP call when somebody rings my doorbell and my ipad and/or my iphone start ringing -  I can answer/talk and see video/audio.

When using a doorstation it should be possible to program the SIP-serverinfo for linphone, etc in the interface.

Hi, 
Great solution. Do you use wall mounts with charger? how is the life time of the batteries after a while?

BR Even Sundgot.
(19.06.2018, 15:13)Evens Wrote:
(19.06.2018, 13:08)bmodeco Wrote: I still find that the best visu/touchscreen is an ipad. It allows for easy web/interface viewing and you can also use it to control other things: check agenda, weather, control homekit/siri, hue, sonos, etc... I have a wallmounted ipad on each floor. Also if you have a mobile ipad or iphone you use in the house it can also be used as a client and used to answer the doorcall.

Hi, 
Great solution. Do you use wall mounts with charger? how is the life time of the batteries after a while?

BR Even Sundgot.

I used the sdock Fix as a mount.
For power I used a POE-converter since i already had a utp-cable available but you can use a 230V-usb adapter also and place it behind the dock in the wall.
I don't care about the battery-life since i never remove them from the wall.

Basalte has a nice (but expensive) dock that snaps the frame with ipad on the wall and charges it. You can easily (magnetic) remove the ipad with thin frame from the wall and use it elsewhere. This way you can move it around to different floor/rooms/etc...
And you can rotate the ipad...it charges through the magnetic connections - https://www.basalte.be/en/news/60/basalt...-dock-ever
If you have a client that doesn' mind spending the money...
(19.06.2018, 16:41)bmodeco Wrote:
(19.06.2018, 15:13)Evens Wrote:

Hi, 

BR Even Sundgot.

I used the sdock Fix as a mount.
For power I used a POE-converter since i already had a utp-cable available but you can use a 230V-usb adapter also and place it behind the dock in the wall.
I don't care about the battery-life since i never remove them from the wall.

Basalte has a nice (but expensive) dock that snaps the frame with ipad on the wall and charges it. You can easily (magnetic) remove the ipad with thin frame from the wall and use it elsewhere. This way you can move it around to different floor/rooms/etc...
And you can rotate the ipad...it charges through the magnetic connections - https://www.basalte.be/en/news/60/basalt...-dock-ever
If you have a client that doesn' mind spending the money...

Nice products, seems like a nice solution.
(18.06.2018, 07:05)edgars Wrote: Hi! We think that SIP client functionality should come together with a client device / touchscreen. We are working in this direction. Stay tuned! Wink

Hi,

Any update on this edgars ?

BR Even Sundgot.
Hi Even! had some delay due to the screen, but we are back on track and planning to have the first demo sample soon.
(13.03.2019, 07:40)edgars Wrote: Hi Even! had some delay due to the screen, but we are back on track and planning to have the first demo sample soon.

Hi Edgars, Thanks for the update! Smile

I am looking forward to see the finished product and hope it will be the screen i use in all my projects .
is there any spessifications or photos that you can share? like what sizes does it come in?

BR Even Sundgot.
Any news about the screen?  Smile
Hi,

Also will add my question here Smile Now many HMI has implemented VNC viewer functionality. Can we try to implement VNC server for LM?

Here is description - implementation of VNC server for NODE MCU: https://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13067

May be our GURU can do VNC server for us?
VNC seems rather pointless when the visualization can run in any modern browser.
Oh okey.. Not all HMI has browser support, many has but not HTML5.

So will use just tablets with browsers.

Thank you for explanation.
Hi Admin,

Any news about the HMI Screen? maby an eta on when its in sale? Smile

BR Even Sundgot.