This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

TOUCH and security
Hello,
on SL and HL, we can protect with pincode the smartphone and pc visualisation, but is there a way to protect Touch application with pincode ?
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
Hi,

Not default in Touch at this moment, you could embed Touch in a normal visu by a frame and add pincode..

BR,

Erwin
I don't understand ! The touch/mosaic part is intended to be used by touch device...smartphone... so pin code is logic ! But no it's only for PC version.

What you suggest is to embedded frame. Ok, but the touch app, should still be available, and then potential security issue ?
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
(26.09.2018, 07:23)domotiqa Wrote: I don't understand ! The touch/mosaic part is intended to be used by touch device...smartphone... so pin code is logic ! But no it's only for PC version.

What you suggest is to embedded frame. Ok, but the touch app, should still be available, and then potential security issue ?

You could (should) turn on password for Apps directory. Go to user access, settings and click the Enable Password for apps. Create a user and password, this can now be used for the touch app. 

It’s a security treat that the touch app is installed by default and no passcode is required to build and run the touch app.
This is enabled by default on any new device. If you are restoring an old backup then you also restoring this old settings which switch off password for apps.

@domotiqa You are free to use LM starter app on android and iOS. In there you can save user and password so user just have to unlock his mobile. https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...18#pid6418
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(24.09.2018, 19:38)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Not default in Touch at this moment, you could embed Touch in a normal visu by a frame and add pincode..

BR,

Erwin

Hi,

Based on "at this moment" clause, when will it be possible to have pin access code for specific objects in touch?

Thank you in advance!
I don’t know when this will be implemented, it’s on the roadmap but the team is now working on voice control inside Touch 3 and after that they will implement other items in the roadmap.
I never understood this ! The pin code would be the more interresting on touch (on ipad, iphone... enter code is easier than user/password)
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
There are always feature requests, the developers are taking the weight of the market needs into account and prioritize them on the most potential business requirements, so some features are lower in priority.
I know the development team is always working hard on improvements...