This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Binary input - refreshing interval
I think that there should be possibility to set refresh interval of binary input in LM Reactor. For use especially for important heating devices or e.g. door statuses.

And also there should be the possibility to set updating to current real value of input because when input changes it will send telegram to the bus but what when:
- telegram will not arrive to the TP?
- other device change its value?

Maybe second point is not a problem but it is possible and when telegram will be changed on bus then there is no possiblity to check what is real state of input. Because also LM will send state of GA in its memory, not sends real input value, when it was changed from bus or it wasn't fit on the bus.
Done is better than perfect
Which reactor model? With binary or analog inputs?
Generally Reactor(model with binary inputs) e.g. LM3 Reactor V2 and LM5 Reactor versions. Probably there is no possibility to check if real input value is equal with last group address value.
Older LMs probably won't receive any changes. For LM5 reactors we have plans to add alternative "binary status" mode. This is needed because binary input modes were originally designed for switches. We'll look into adding optinal timer-based forced status updates for "binary status" mode.
This could be really dangerous if not monitored and controll some important load like heating pool by request from controller like is in my project or also gate status. Both could be KNX inputs but should be monitored.
As a work-around you can use analog input mode and convert it to binary via a script.
(20.11.2018, 12:46)admin Wrote: As a work-around you can use analog input mode and convert it to binary via a script.

Ok. This is some option in above cases, unfortunately I have also some Reactor with only binary inputs. But recently I've worked with filters to improve reliability of TP lines.