This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LoRa keyfob
Hi

Any plans for a CanX LoRa battery remote controll device? I think the wireless LoRa range must be excellent for implementing advanced garagedoor controll in the Car without having to fiddle with a cellphone app.

BR
Kai-Roger
Hi Kai! How about something like CAN-BLE gateway? In this case you put it somewhere in the car and can control your gate from mobile phone (Mobile --BLE--> GW --LoRa433 --> gate). In this case you don't have to keep another device with you (remote) and  can control it from mobile.
(26.04.2019, 08:39)edgars Wrote: Hi Kai! How about something like CAN-BLE gateway? In this case you put it somewhere in the car and can control your gate from mobile phone (Mobile --BLE--> GW --LoRa433 --> gate). In this case you don't have to keep another device with you (remote) and  can control it from mobile.

Hi. I was thinking of a solution so that i don't have to take up my phone :). The original garagedoor remote is permanently attached to the dashboard in the car for convenience. But the original remote is useless if we want to integrate some extra features/automations to each button on the remote.

But i have a possible solution to all of this. From the car battery i can mount a 12-24V step up that will supply a "CanX UIO8 LoRa" hidden under the dashboard. I can then connect a little switch (or several switches if desired) to a input on the "UIO8 LoRa". I will then altso need a "UIO8 LoRa" by the garage door motor for wireless reciving and output control.

Only drawback may be the batterydrain in the car, but i haven't measured how much power usage such a solution will have.