This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

strange group address broadcast on LM?
Hi!

I have Paradox alarm system getaway  connected to my KNX bus.
Constantly I get one PGM event (value 0) on specific address several times per day even nothing really happens there (this event is for alarm restore, normally it occurs then systems restores from alarm).
I thought it was Paradox fault, however logs show that LogicMachine (x.x.200) generates this event first and then paradox gateway (x.x.102) comes into the scene (see picture).
Paradox log shows no events from system at all on this time.

Could anybody explain this or point any ideas what's happening?

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check if you have poll interval set for this object.
Hi, thanks for such quick replay.
No, no poll interval. There is no noticeable intervals between these false values - there could be three per day with various intervals or just one.

Thanks.

Hi,

Use ETS monitor to find out what physical device is sending the read request.

BR,

Erwin
Hi, Erwin. I will try, thanks!
(30.05.2019, 16:28)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Use ETS monitor to find out what physical device is sending the read request.

BR,

Erwin

Hi, ETS shows the same - LM generates some request - Paradox GW answers. How ever I cant find any peace code that generates requests. As you can see from log - LM generates requests to addresses from 5/0/7 to 5/0/11. What piece of code shall I look for? Or there could be another problem?

Thanks.

Maybe you have a script which sends read requests. You can search all scripts by opening Scripting > Tools > Print script listing.
yeah, what command generates such behavior? there are no grp.read anywhere.
Object logs entry should display local instead of physical address as source when LM is sending the telegram internally so it's probably coming from somewhere else. Do you have any other KNX/IP devices on the same network?
No, only LM. LM object log shows 1.1.200 (that is LM) on any event logged, not only on this one.
Attach a script to this object, enable execute on read.
Source:
Code:
log(event.sender)

This might tell where the telegram is coming from.
Okay, thanks. Done, and wainting for telegram.
Hi,
LM log(event.sender) shows "bus". what shall I do next?

Thanks!
bus means that telegram comes from outside of LM. Try changing LM physical address and multicast address if Routing is not used in your project.
Hi, thanks. You mean to change physical KNX address in my case 1.1.200?
Yes
changed knx address, changed multicast address, rebooted - two wrong group telegrams generated just after reboot. Can't catch this moment with ETS, because while LM rebooting - there is no interface for KNX/IP. LM log for this object shows the same - "bus". Rebooted 3 times - everytime after reboot - two telegrams for 5/0/10 with "0". Any ideas?
Anything in start up script?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I have had a sort of same situation with a specific Paradox to KNX gateway, can you please provide the manufacturer of the gateway? I might have a suggestion.
Daniel: yes, sending two telegrams to different group address. Nothing connected to address in trouble.

GTSAMIS: tokka EVO096.

Thanks everyone!