This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI PROBLEM
Hi.
I have an installation with 6 DALI walkways with 60 ballasts each.
The Logic Machine equipment is connected to a UPS.
I have a problem when there is no power supply in the lighting, when the power is restored, everything turns on.
Is there any solution to restore current, return to the previous state or be turned off?
The same problem I have when I turn off the Logic Machine, everything turns on. But I can solve that with a function that, when reset, sends a general shutdown.
DALI has configurable levels for SYSTEM FAILURE and POWER ON states. If this level is set to 255 (MASK) then SYSTEM FAILURE should be ignored and POWER ON state should be equal to last light level.

You can change these levels via a script (in this example on all ballasts on first internal DALI bus):
Code:
require('user.dali')
value = 0 -- from 0 to 255

dalicmd('internal', 'setdtr', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = value })
dalicmd('internal', 'storepoweron', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })

value = 0 -- from 0 to 255

dalicmd('internal', 'setdtr', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = value })
dalicmd('internal', 'storesystemfailure', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })
Thanks for your answer.

I just detected another problem ... I have to include 3 more ballasts to the installation. I start partial scanning and it does not detect them. I have to go back to look for them all and there they appear. The drawback is that I have to redirect everything again. It is normal?
(20.06.2019, 15:19)davidchispas Wrote: Thanks for your answer.

I just detected another problem ... I have to include 3 more ballasts to the installation. I start partial scanning and it does not detect them. I have to go back to look for them all and there they appear. The drawback is that I have to redirect everything again. It is normal?

If ballast is brand new, never  addressed then partial will find them. If for some reason they were used once already and addressed then partial scan will not find them and new scan is needed.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Partial scan does not set short addresses. If you run addressing again then all ballasts will get new address assigned at random, that's how DALI works. If you can connect only one ballast to LM then you can set short address via a script. Then you can connect all ballasts and run partial scan.
(21.06.2019, 07:17)Daniel. Wrote:
(20.06.2019, 15:19)davidchispas Wrote: Thanks for your answer.

If ballast is brand new, never  addressed then partial will find them. If for some reason they were used once already and addressed then partial scan will not find them and new scan is needed.

The ballasts are new and with the partial scan does not find them. I get one to find me, if I loose the rest. He finds it as dev-64 keeping the rest of the ballasts. After. I release that ballast and connect another with the same procedure. But that second ballast does not find it anymore. The only way you can find them all is by performing the full scan.

(21.06.2019, 07:46)administración Wrote: Partial scan does not set short addresses. If you run addressing again then all ballasts will get new address assigned at random, that's how DALI works. If you can connect only one ballast to LM then you can set short address via a script. Then you can connect all ballasts and run partial scan.

Thanks for your answer. As they explain to me, I have to connect a ballast alone, start a partial scan and I would like to give it as dev-64. Then through a script a short address is assigned. After repeating the same procedure with the rest. Is it like that?

Can you provide me with the script?
This script sets short address to 42 to all connected ballasts on internal gateway 1.

Code:
address = 42

require('user.dali')
dalicmd('internal', 'setdtr', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = address * 2 + 1 })
dalicmd('internal', 'storeshortaddress', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })

You need to run this script once for each new ballast you have. Make sure that only one ballast is connected when script is run. Then connect all ballasts and run scan in last mode (only add new devices).
(21.06.2019, 13:21)admin Wrote: This script sets short address to 42 to all connected ballasts on internal gateway 1.

Code:
address = 42

require('user.dali')
dalicmd('internal', 'setdtr', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = address * 2 + 1 })
dalicmd('internal', 'storeshortaddress', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })

You need to run this script once for each new ballast you have. Make sure that only one ballast is connected when script is run. Then connect all ballasts and run scan in last mode (only add new devices).

Thank you. it works perfectly. everything that can be done with this device is incredible.
Hi. after adding the last ballast. Dali LMAdalirs485 stopped working. does nothing. Start the search for all the ballast again and find nothing. I do not know what else to do.
Can you check if broadcast control from LM works?
This script will set level to 100 for all ballasts:
Code:
require('user.dali')
dalicmd('internal', 'arc', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = 100 })

Also check if gateway LED lights up when you press programming button on it.
(02.07.2019, 12:37)admin Wrote: Can you check if broadcast control from LM works?
This script will set level to 100 for all ballasts:
Code:
require('user.dali')
dalicmd('internal', 'arc', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = 100 })

Also check if gateway LED lights up when you press programming button on it.

Yes. The rest of the catwalks work. I have 6 Dali zones. I connected in internal dali 1 directly without rs485. And he does not find any equipment either. It was working perfectly. I do not know what to do!
Check bus voltage, maybe there's a short circuit or a broken wire somewhere.
(02.07.2019, 12:54)admin Wrote: Check bus voltage, maybe there's a short circuit or a broken wire somewhere.

Yes, I reviewed everything. Then I went back to factory parameters Logic machine and connected 3 new ballasts to Dali Internal 1. I recognized a single ballast and it acts on all three at once. I think that somehow it broke down ...

I loaded the last program again, and the only way to recognize the ballasts, was through a script and add one by one. So I solved that area. But you can see that communication is slow now. Another thing that it does, is that every time it loses power, I have to go into the Dali configuration and enable the rs485.
Quote:Another thing that it does, is that every time it loses power, I have to go into the Dali configuration and enable the rs485.
This can be caused by SD card failure which switched it to read-only mode. See this guide for more info: http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/
(04.07.2019, 07:33)davidchispas Wrote:
(02.07.2019, 12:54)admin Wrote: Check bus voltage, maybe there's a short circuit or a broken wire somewhere.

Yes, I reviewed everything. Then I went back to factory parameters Logic machine and connected 3 new ballasts to Dali Internal 1. I recognized a single ballast and it acts on all three at once. I think that somehow it broke down ...

I loaded the last program again, and the only way to recognize the ballasts, was through a script and add one by one. So I solved that area. But you can see that communication is slow now. Another thing that it does, is that every time it loses power, I have to go into the Dali configuration and enable the rs485.

https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...light=dali  
I just found this post It is the same problem. Just before the installation I loaded the last firm. How can I know if I'm missing some software package?

https://store.chipkin.com/articles/rs485...wire-rs485  In another post they mention the importance of connecting the rs485 to grounding. Is it as simple as connecting the GND directly to grounding? Maybe the slowness is due to possible interference?
Go to System Config > System > Packages. There you will see a list of all packages and respective versions.

GND connection is highly recommended unless your LM and gateways use the same 24V power supply (in this case GND is already common for both devices).
(08.07.2019, 07:44)admin Wrote: Go to System Config > System > Packages. There you will see a list of all packages and respective versions.

GND connection is highly recommended unless your LM and gateways use the same 24V power supply (in this case GND is already common for both devices).

the package that I have installed is: "genohm-scada-dali ; 20180727 ".   I guess it will be fine. 

Regarding the GND connection, I will connect it to grounding.

thank you!
Hello, I have a problem with finding dali ballasts. I have run this script once and did a partial search.
Code:
address = 40

require('user.dali')
dalicmd('internal2', 'setdtr', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = address * 2 + 1 })
dalicmd('internal2', 'storeshortaddress', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })

I have tried another new ballast and the voltage of the dali bus is correct. I have only this ballast plugged into the dali bus.

Anything else I can do?
Can you control any ballast using broadcast? It's possible that the gateway is damaged and is either working only in one direction or not working at all.
(09.12.2020, 09:31)admin Wrote: Can you control any ballast using broadcast? It's possible that the gateway is damaged and is either working only in one direction or not working at all.

I have run this script and it does nothing
Code:
dalicmd('internal2', 'arc', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = 42 })

i get this error ''Línea 1: attempt to call global 'dalicmd' (a nil value)''