This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI PROBLEM
You are missing require('user.dali') before dalicmd call.
(09.12.2020, 09:49)admin Wrote: You are missing require('user.dali') before dalicmd call.
Right ... forgive my mistake!

If that works, then what could be the problem? possible incompatibility of this manufacturer with LM?

Anything else I can do?
You can check the communication by connecting only one ballast and running this script. Post what you get in Logs tab.
Code:
require('user.dali')
res, err = dalicmd('internal2', 'querystatus', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })
log(res, err)
(09.12.2020, 11:21)admin Wrote: You can check the communication by connecting only one ballast and running this script. Post what you get in Logs tab.
Code:
require('user.dali')
res, err = dalicmd('internal2', 'querystatus', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })
log(res, err)
initscript 09.12.2020 12:23:27
* arg: 1
  * nil
* arg: 2
  * string: tx error
tx error means that the gateway was unable to transmit for some reason. Which DALI power supply are you using?
(09.12.2020, 11:56)admin Wrote: tx error means that the gateway was unable to transmit for some reason. Which DALI power supply are you using?
I am using an SR-2400P, I can exchange it for a TRIDONIC PS2 for testing.
Try swapping dali pairs from PSU
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(09.12.2020, 14:48)Daniel. Wrote: Try swapping dali pairs from PSU
Does that work? I thought DALI is polarity insensitive....
(09.12.2020, 19:50)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote:
(09.12.2020, 14:48)Daniel. Wrote: Try swapping dali pairs from PSU
Does that work? I thought DALI is polarity insensitive....
On ballast side it is not important, when you have separate dali PSU and interface should be done + +, --
Ctrl+F5
(09.12.2020, 14:23)davidchispas Wrote:
(09.12.2020, 11:56)admin Wrote: tx error means that the gateway was unable to transmit for some reason. Which DALI power supply are you using?
I am using an SR-2400P, I can exchange it for a TRIDONIC PS2 for testing.

Hello, I have replaced the dali feed with a tridonic PS2 and a new one SR-2400P, and the result is the same.

I am open to doing more tests ...
Does the first internal gateway work?
Do you have any other brand ballast to try?
Ctrl+F5
(10.12.2020, 10:12)admin Wrote: Does the first internal gateway work?

Yes, everything works perfectly.

(10.12.2020, 10:19)Daniel. Wrote: Do you have any other brand ballast to try?
Right now I have another dali ballast but it is not compatible for my bulb. I can use it to test to see if it finds it.
You can try connecting everything that you have on port 2 to port 1 and see if it works there. Make a backup before testing so you do not lose current mapping. If this works then port 2 is most likely damaged.
(10.12.2020, 13:54)admin Wrote: You can try connecting everything that you have on port 2 to port 1 and see if it works there. Make a backup before testing so you do not lose current mapping. If this works then port 2 is most likely damaged.

hi, i have tried a different ballast and found nothing in the partial search.

In another installation, I have used this model and have had no problems. Something happens with the partial search that does not work.

I also did the test to change to the dali1 port and start partial search without success either.
Did you try full scan?
Ctrl+F5
(11.12.2020, 08:21)Daniel. Wrote: Did you try full scan?
the full scan I tried it days ago with the same result. I've had to reassign all the ballasts and it's a job.
You can make a backup and then try the scan, when you restore all will be back. Here we need to find where is the problem.

Did you try this again https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...2#pid19702 with new PSU? Can you try both interfaces?
Ctrl+F5
(11.12.2020, 08:31)Daniel. Wrote: You can make a backup and then try the scan, when you restore all will be back. Here we need to find where is the problem.

Did you try this again https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...2#pid19702 with new PSU? Can you try both interfaces?
Hello Daniel,
Yes, I have tried and the record has been the same. (TX error).

I have tried all the scanning modalities in the past week, with five different ballasts. Doing a complete search only found two ballasts of this type, https://www.osram.es/ecat/Reguladores%20...1_1119972/. And they are the ones that are working on that Dali line right now.

Now in my test workshop, I am running the search for the same ballasts used previously without success, with a CANx LM and its CANx DALI gateway, the partial search has been successful.

I have made the purchase of another LM DALI to replace it, I will replace it and test if there is success.

I am honestly surprised that some ballasts find them and others do not. The wiring is fine and so is the setup. My question is if the latest updates could affect my LM.

I have more installations with the same LM and the same ballasts and I have not had a search problem.
If you still have the tx error then it is most likely broken interface.
Just to clarify, the partial scan is a scan which will find only devices which have no short address. If a ballast was already used elsewhere and programmed partial scan will not find it. DALI app for canX dali has more options for this.
Ctrl+F5