This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Grundfos modbus profile
Hello all,

I have several Grundfos pumps wired to a Spacelynk and I want to create a profile to monitor and control them.
I want to use the registers with the address 00101 (page 18), 00357 and 00258 (page 24), but i can't figure out how to write the profile for these registers.
Can you please help me?

Best regards.

Attached Files
.pdf   Grundfosliterature-5153603.pdf (Size: 1.93 MB / Downloads: 24)
Hi
Start from using RTU Read test. Select holding registers, slave id and address.  You may need to subtract -1 from register address so try both ways. If this works then let me know and will make example of profile.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(28.10.2019, 08:25)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
Start from using RTU Read test. Select holding registers, slave id and address.  You may need to subtract -1 from register address so try both ways. If this works then let me know and will make example of profile.
BR
Hello,

Sorry for replying so late, the pumps are in a remote location and I have lost contact with them.
I have attached a screenshot with the correct reading settings for pump pressure (register 301 in documentation). You were right, I needed to subtract 1.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do not use float16 datatype directly. It is standard KNX type which only several ModBus devices actually use. In most cases values are encoded using fixed point notation. You need to use uint16 for datatype field, float16 or float32 (better precision) for bus_datatype and set value_multiplier according to the manual for each register when needed.
Try something like that

Attached Files
.json   Grundfos pump.json (Size: 368 bytes / Downloads: 30)
Ctrl+F5
Sorry, I was not clear, I did the test on register 300, because it is a value that I can see on the screen and know that is read correctly. I do not know how to write the profile for registers with the adress 00101 (page 18), 00357 and 00258 (page 24). Can you please help me with these tipes of registers? BR

Attached Files
.pdf   Grundfosliterature-5153603.pdf (Size: 1.93 MB / Downloads: 9)
I sent you example for two registers, if it works, the rest is copy paste mostly.
Ctrl+F5
Yes, what you are saying is true for registers similar to 300 and 301.
 Register 101 is a different type of register, each byte has to be maped and controlled separately.
Registers 357 is VolumeHI and register 358 is VolumeLO together they have to form a value, and I have no ideea how to do that...
I do not want to waste your time, but I can not find any documentation on how the profile should look...
https://openrb.com/docs/modbus.htm
You just copy paste each mapping line and modify as needed. It is not so complicated Smile
Ctrl+F5
I have attached my profile. 
The last line shouldn't look like that, but I have no idea how to "separate" the register into 16 separate bits. Please can you help me with that?

Attached Files
.json   Grundfus-v2.json (Size: 1.53 KB / Downloads: 21)
see this
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...29#pid6729
Ctrl+F5