This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

SMI integration
Hello,

do you have some experience in integration with SMI blinds? Is it possible to use LM as a gateway or only connect these drives via some other gateway and connecting with LM via KNX?
I've the same question
(15.04.2016, 08:35)buuuudzik Wrote: Hello,

do you have some experience in integration with SMI blinds? Is it possible to use LM as a gateway or only connect these drives via some other gateway and connecting with LM via KNX?

Hello Buuudzik, Habib, 
I made a building with SMI blinds I use the following KNX material from ABB:

http://new.abb.com/products/2CDG110028R0...act-man-4f -smi

ABB also has a KNX weather station to do Sun Tracking but this can be done via script in the LM.
BR.
Thanks for your answer, I've never worked with SMI but maybe in the future. But I've found that it is not very popular and it is hard to find some motor and good support or response from Manufacturers. So at this moment I am using KNX solution, ABB(especially for outdoor) or Yonnet. At this moment I have a lot of experience with sun tracking and I am developing the most intuitive and powerful and fastest and prettiest ( I hope so Wink ) KNX blind manager based on LM.
Done is better than perfect
We can't wait to see it Smile
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(18.05.2018, 13:23)Daniel. Wrote: We can't wait to see it Smile

Indeed we can't wait to see it Smile
This is a screenshot from current main view but app is more, more complexWink But this is new version and I am currently working on using photos so this background is static and map is from other zoneWink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@buuuudzik

amazing :-)

My customer wants to control his SMI Blinds with a wiser (schneider) product. For that case is no solution possible without other hardware?
ThanksSmile I don't know Wiser products but from marketing materials they look very nice and I know that Schneider products are reliableSmile
Wiser for KNX is just new name for homeLYnk which is branch of LM.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I have used the ABB KNX-SMI gateway device and can confirm it works. You or your installer will still probably need a manufactures tool for the blind motors though as SMI blinds have internal parameters......
What products(blinds) did you used? Are they much more better than traditional KNX(also with current measure)?
Hi,

Follwing on this topic, what SMI motor brands do you use and/or are more reliable?
They are not very easy to find.

BR,
jjaa