This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Logic Machine and PT Temperature sensor
Hi,

I have an issue regarding the  reading of  temperature from a sensor PT1000 10 Kohm. 
I have a 3 KNX Fan coils actuator for controlling 3 fancoils.
Each of the KNX fancoil actuators has 4 inputs ( N/O or can make it as N/C also) for triggering from a temperature sensor that normally will had a N/O contact (like an metallic contact)
In this installation we don't have a sensor that has a simple N/O contact but we have a sensor like PT100 or PT1000 with 1OKhoms resistant. When the sensor is getting heated then the resistant is getting lower and when is getting cool the resistand is getting higher.
The idea is that when the water's temperature is above 35 C degrees then we need to send a triggering command (N/C contact) to the Fan Coil Unit (FCU) and the fans will start working. If the temperature is not the appropriate then the sensor will be as N/O contact and the Fans will not operate. The same must do for cooling which means that when the temperature of the water is below 10 C degrees  
Also in the same project we have an LM5p2-DR installed.
Any ideas on how I can trigger the Fancoil's Input with that sensor or what other device I need for installing and translate the PT100 sensor's into a triggering command and also can I use the LM device for this or not?

Thank you in advance
Not really a topic for this forum, i know MDT has a input device capable of connection PT1000 sensors (SCN-RT4UP.01), but there are multiple manufacturers offering those devices..
OK thank yo very much but I didn't know if we can use the LM along with an LM reactor that has inputs for this purpose
https://openrb.com/canx-8-x-pt1000-sensor-inputs/
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
What you're describing sounds like an NTC (negative temperature coefficient) sensor. PT1000 sensors have 1Kohm at 0 degrees and the resistance get higher when the temperature gets higher.
(07.04.2021, 08:15)admin Wrote: What you're describing sounds like an NTC (negative temperature coefficient) sensor. PT1000 sensors have 1Kohm at 0 degrees and the resistance get higher when the temperature gets higher.

Yes I asked and I ahve been told that this is a 10 Kohm sensor that when is heated the resistance is getting lower, so yes its an NTC sensor and I don't know if I can use it with MDTs input device then, or I must take an PT1000 along with the MDT input device
For NTC sensors you can use Zennio QUAD Plus. Another solution is to use 1-Wire sensors which several LM models support.
(07.04.2021, 13:03)admin Wrote: For NTC sensors you can use Zennio QUAD Plus. Another solution is to use 1-Wire sensors which several LM models support.

OK thank you very much I will check it !