This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

"Sync project data" from a script
Would it be possible to execute from a LUA script the action made by clicking the button "sync project data" in the bottom right corner of the scada-main interface?
Why do you want to do that? Save interval is 30 minutes for a reason (protect SD card) so I would not advice to do this automated on a higher speed…
(22.06.2022, 18:55)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Why do you want to do that? Save interval is 30 minutes for a reason (protect SD card) so I would not advice to do this automated on a higher speed…

The situation is :
- I have a pool of several hundreds of LMs
- Operation A : I run (on all of them) a script that changes something in the database
- Operation B : I run (on all of them) a script that will export some data from the database into a file on the SD card (/www/user/some_file.json)

I noticed that the files produced by Operation B, for some of the LMs, were outdated, in the sense that the data in these files did not reflect the changes in the database made during operation A.

So naturally, I thought it would be relevant to force-sync project data between operation A and operation B.

This is not a protocol that I want to apply routinely (and if I eventually do, it will be only once a day, or even less), so I don't think the SD cards will be damaged because of this.
Well export data from the DB is not depending on a sync action as they are executed on the RAM loaded DB and not on de DB that is stored on the SD card as far as i know so there must be another reason why operation B is getting outdated info. Could there been a power interuption on the devices with outdated data between operation A and B?
(23.06.2022, 07:23)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: export data from the DB is not depending on a sync action as they are executed on the RAM loaded DB and not on de DB that is stored on the SD card
I didn't know about that. I will investigate it further.