This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Amazon Echo, Apple Homekit support
Hello,

Just find out in ETS "New KNX products" section there is LogicMachine5 and was surprised by the description (please see attached photo).
It says LM have Echo and HomeKit support. Is it true?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello Leonidas! Our Amazon skill is being in a state of certification/approvement, also we are figuring some bug with Amazon cloud server. Should be solved soon.
As for Siri, we are adding it into our starter app (same which was described for LogicMachine cloud usage). For Android devices we will use Google voice.
Good afternoon Edgars,

I would like to know if the support you give for apple products will be only Siri or Homekit, it would be nice to use the Apple Home application to control KNX devices. As far as I understand that a product can be certified by Homekit needs some kind of special hardware, right?

Thank you very much.
Hi Josep,

As far as i know this only applies for remote control by Siri / homekit, meaning if you want to control something from your iPhone when not at home you need a homekit bridge (hub) that routers your commands to your devices, this can be a ATV3+ or a iPad (running iOS 10+) that is reachable in your house. 

This applies on your whole homekit installation, so if you can reach any homekit device, you should also be able to reach the logic controller ...

BR,

Erwin
(27.03.2017, 11:14)edgars Wrote: Hello Leonidas! Our Amazon skill is being in a state of certification/approvement, also we are figuring some bug with Amazon cloud server. Should be solved soon.
As for Siri, we are adding it into our starter app (same which was described for LogicMachine cloud usage). For Android devices we will use Google voice.

Hi Edgars,
Any idea when the homekit/siri integration will be available?
Just anxious to start testing....
BR, Bart
Hi Bart,
Alexa - some time this week as it seems to me.
Siri - I suppose upcoming weeks.
(28.03.2017, 12:10)edgars Wrote: Hi Bart,
Alexa - some time this week as it seems to me.
Siri - I suppose upcoming weeks.

Looking forward to this.
I assume that siri/homekit will work with existing hardware? (I am using LM5p-PMU).
Best regards, Bart
Hi,

Will this feature aslo be available for Spacelynk?
Hi,

Yes we plan to add this feature also when released by EMBS (:

BR,

Erwin
Hi
It looks great!
Please give us an advice how to use it / test it on all mentioned platforms.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Amazon Echo support added. Please read more here:
http://openrb.com/amazon-echo-alexa-integration/
hi Edgars,

are there plans on adding a german skill?
Hi Edgars,
Any timeframe on Apple Homekit/Siri support?
plusninp, we could do that after the initial English version tests are finished by more users.

Mr. Danielsen, Siri support is being finalized in our iOS app. But we will still do internal testing, it's not so fast with Apple as we thought..
(04.05.2017, 06:29)edgars Wrote: plusninp, we could do that after the initial English version tests are finished by more users.

Mr. Danielsen, Siri support is being finalized in our iOS app. But we will still do internal testing, it's not so fast with Apple as we thought..

Looking forward to homekit/siri support in LM - I am currently using Thinka for homekit/siri control of my KNX-installation and this works fine.
If you need testing let me know.
BR, Bart
Any word on Apple Homekit yet?

Although I don't understand why it needs to be added to an app? An iPhone can talk to homekit fine right out of the box. If one has a homekit bridge (apple TV is enough) they can use their phones around the world to talk to homekit. So the integration with the phone does not need to be developed.

What needs to be developed is that the logicmachine will present itself as a Homekit gateway of accessories in which it contains all lamps / functions, HVAC, temps/heating, scenes etc. Am I correct that the latter is *not* possible with the logicmachine? Only a speech connection via a proprietary app?
we are doing tests in Testflight mode of our app which includes Siri support. Mostly this is what people are asking from HomeKit.
(11.07.2017, 06:29)edgars Wrote: we are doing tests in Testflight mode of our app which includes Siri support. Mostly this is what people are asking from HomeKit.

Is it possible to get beta access to your testflight?
(11.07.2017, 06:29)edgars Wrote: we are doing tests in Testflight mode of our app which includes Siri support. Mostly this is what people are asking from HomeKit.

yes, i can't wait.
hi Edgars,
Interested in beta-testing also if needed...
Will all the types be available? I am now using lights (on/off/dim), swith (on/off), thermostat control, blinds... (I am currently using thinka for knx/homekit/siri and this works very well - looking forward to using your integration in LM.)
Homekit/siri works by the way very well! Using an apple-tv it allows for instant control wherever you are in the world using siri or the home-app!
All of this very secure without need of vpn, remote access and so on...
BR, Bart