This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

MQTT Client app - Beta testing
Quote:Reusable functions: a possible solution are user libraries so only one require call is needed in each script.

good idea, i forgot i can use require() call, will try this appoach.

I'm currently doing exercise remapping all zigbee devices from my script to this new application, and i found few suggestions that i think will make it easier.

1) According to (industry) standard of zigbee2mqtt, device state should be set via same topic with "/set" suffix. So to control and read state of the device (for ex. relay), I cannot use "Both" direction, since value and control topics are different. I need to create 2 separate rules, one for IN and one for OUT.
- SUGGESTION: for "Both" setting, add separate optional SET topic to the configuration window

2) I think (from my case) 90% of zigbee devices are sending single usable value in a json property, the rest of the values are system info like link quality or battery info, which are usually not mapped. With current implementation it is not possible to extract this single value without writing several strings of code over and over again. 
- SUGGESTION: add support for extracting attribute value directly. Potentially topic syntax can be extended to something like this: "zigbee2mqtt/sensor_name[@temperature]". You can even extend this to passing named variables to the script, like "temperature" becomes local variable in the script holding extracted value.

BUG: mappings list is not sorted, please implement sorting by topic name, then direction, then mapped object, so in/out events can be grouped and displayed correctly

Messages In This Thread
MQTT Client app - Beta testing - by Daniel - 10.09.2024, 14:12
RE: MQTT Client app - Beta testing - by myg - 23.09.2024, 08:58
RE: MQTT Client app - Beta testing - by myg - 23.09.2024, 09:50
RE: MQTT Client app - Beta testing - by admin - 23.09.2024, 10:04
RE: MQTT Client app - Beta testing - by myg - 23.09.2024, 10:41
RE: MQTT Client app - Beta testing - by myg - 23.09.2024, 12:50