This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

How to install two LMs in one ETS project and use them for different purposes
Hello!

Regarding the subject, I would like to set up two LMs in one ETS project and use them for different purposes.

LM① = Only for sending commands
LM② = Only for receiving status feedback

I would like to use them for the above purposes.
It is like the image in the attached figure.

I have also attached the backup files of LM① and LM② created for testing, as well as the ETS project.
Due to capacity restrictions, I have created a download link for the ETS project.
Please download it from the link below.

https://firestorage.jp/download/c39910c8...a4877da3cf

I have a few questions.

1. When importing one ETS project into LM, is it possible to filter the group address to be imported?
→As a test, I created an environment to use two LMs in one project.
I have also attached a backup of the LM and the ETS project, so please check them.

2. For example, I would like to know how to use the [Event script] set for the group address in LM① to write a value to the group address in LM② or update the numerical value.
→This time, in the test environment, I created it to try a process such as [writing true to 20/0/1 in LM① in the event script written to 21/0/1 in LM②].
If there is a better way, please let me know.

3. I came up with the idea of using two LMs for different purposes in order to distribute the load on one LM, but have there been any cases where this type of operation has actually been used?
Also, when using two LMs for one project, what is the general purpose for which they are used?

I would appreciate your reply.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Project-LMTest1-2024.10.17-17.28.zip (Size: 116.71 KB / Downloads: 0)
.zip   Project-LMTest2-2024.10.17-17.28.zip (Size: 117.37 KB / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
How to install two LMs in one ETS project and use them for different purposes - by Takayuki Miura - Yesterday, 10:12