This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI issues
The end of this story was never told, so I finally took the time to write an end to it.

After 'admin' logged in remotely to my LM, I was told the DALI module in LM could not sense any transmission from the LED driver. But my info confirmed that the transmission from the LM to the driver was working. So I agreed I would send them (Embedded Systems SIA) an EldoLED unit to do further testing.

Relatively fast after they received the unit, I was told that the EldoLed did not fully follow the DALI standard. According to standard logical zero voltage must be below 4.5V, but EldoLED has at least 5V. Even on a short line. They applied some small changes in the hardware to improve compatibility and got it to work properly. They proposed me to send over the 'adapted' device (and the ELDOled) if I agreed to send back my device. I agreed, so upon receiving the units back I could easily verify everything was working now.

To cut a long story short: I really had the best customer experience in a long time with Embedded System SIA, as my LM now controls my 4 ELDOleds without any issues since the beginning of December. Again a big thank you!

Messages In This Thread
DALI issues - by prostar - 30.10.2017, 00:52
RE: DALI issues - by admin - 30.10.2017, 07:15
RE: DALI issues - by prostar - 30.10.2017, 17:17
RE: DALI issues - by admin - 30.10.2017, 17:33
RE: DALI issues - by prostar - 31.10.2017, 21:18
RE: DALI issues - by prostar - 08.03.2018, 13:06