This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus profile with SunSpec Data Types
Hi all,

I need to create a Modbus profile for a PV inverter with Sunspec Data Types. They are documented at https://www.sma.de/fileadmin/content/lan...-en-15.pdf on page 13-14. The most registers have the dt int or uint and can be easily integrated into the Modbus profile. But I also need some registers with data types that are not in the LM Modbus profile description like acc32, bitfield16, enum16 or string. I already read that the string format is not supported in profile, so my question is, if the other three data types can be integrated?

For example there is a register called "Battery Type" with dt enum16. Then there are defined types for values from 0 to 10 like 0: Unknown, 1: Lithium-Ion, ...
Can I set the register in the Modbus profile as dt uint16 and write these types under value_custom? Same question applies to the dt bitfield16, because there are also costum values.

I can't do a RTU read test right now so I'm thankful for any help.

Best Regards

Messages In This Thread
Modbus profile with SunSpec Data Types - by winamp - 03.07.2018, 12:30