This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Connecting 12V open collector output to LM Reactor input
Hello,
I am not sure if this is the best place to ask but I don't know anyone locally to ask this question.

I have a device (EVVA EMZY motorized lock) which has an open collector output described as "max 12V / 300 mA" which I would like to connect to one of the LogicMachine Reactor inputs. The ampere rating is fine but LogciMachine is 24V and this device clearly expects 12V max.

I have tried reading up on open collectors, etc. but I really lack the basic electrical engineering knowledge to even understand most of what I can find about this. I think I need a pull up resistor and probably an optocoupler or a transistor to convert the voltage, but that is about it.

I tried to ask for someone around here who can design this for me but so far no luck. I am really reluctant to just try something, considering both LM and the lock are pretty expensive.

Any ideas? I am sure it is a really simple job for someone who knows what they are doing but that is not me... Sad

Messages In This Thread
Connecting 12V open collector output to LM Reactor input - by Regis - 15.11.2018, 11:01