This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Connecting 12V open collector output to LM Reactor input
Thanks for the reply. I do in fact have the GND and +5V terminals. It is a great idea.

So the connection would be:
1st wire:
LM +5V out <-> pull up resistor <-> open collector on the lock <-> LM digital input
2nd wire:
GND next to the 1wire terminal <-> ground on the lock power supply

Correct?

I assumeĀ I need to connect the grounds but that should be fine since both devices are powered by (presumably floating ground) transformers. Right? And I also assume the GND next to the 1wire is connected to the 24V ground which the digital inputs use...?

Any suggestions for the value of the pull up resistor? I am not sure what is the specification of the +5V output. Assuming simple Ohm's law, 10k Ohm resistor should result in 0.5mA draw which should definitely be OK, right?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting 12V open collector output to LM Reactor input - by Regis - 15.11.2018, 17:54