This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Ensy AHU 700 integration
I have managed to get hold of all the register values for my ventilation and it is using modbus. The register values is attached.

I am thinking of making a json-file for this and preferrably manage to read some temperatures and force the fan when certain conditions are met. I have some very large windows in my house and the temperature in the living room can be quite high. This starts to become a problem this time of year, and I wanted to control this by LM instead of a second display attached to the ventilation. As long as the temperature outside is lower than let us say 24 degrees the ventilation can provide cooler air to enter the house.

The guy from ensy said this regarding connectivity:

You need an Ensy modbus interface card which is connected to the modbus rs 485 terminal on the room PLS nd the communication card in the Ensy.

By further investigation he also said the this is because:

If you connect your LM to an Ensy aggregate, you will not be able to communicate with it. The ensy modbus interface card acts as a translator between the aggregates internal protocol and the Modbus RTU protocol. The main board in the aggregate will then "see" the LM as display number two. You will also not have any problems with Master/slave(It cannot be two masters in the same network. You have to buy this interface card to make this work.

Is there a way around buying this you think? I have seen that to upgrade the firmware on the Ensy it is enough to attach a pc directly to the port for the second display. However you have to have a special cable, but I beleived until now that this was due to USB on the pc and RJ11 on the display port. If that is so it wouldnt be a problem to connect the LM directly either. On the other hand if there is some magic going on in that cable, it is probably necessary to get that interface card.

Will the LM manage to handle the master/slave situation? I thought the Modbus could exist of several devices talking on the bus at the same time.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Ensy register values english.xlsx (Size: 14 KB / Downloads: 17)

Messages In This Thread
Ensy AHU 700 integration - by 02dag - 12.04.2019, 12:57
RE: Ensy AHU 700 integration - by 02dag - 13.04.2019, 16:03
RE: Ensy AHU 700 integration - by zoltan - 14.04.2019, 13:48
RE: Ensy AHU 700 integration - by 02dag - 17.04.2019, 16:51
RE: Ensy AHU 700 integration - by admin - 24.04.2019, 06:49