This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Export - Import Tags of LM Objects
[quote pid='15202' dateline='1578081499']
Hi,

For those who are interested I found a solution with help of excel.

I attach sample file which shows the logic which is:
  1. Insert LM Object Data in left table
  2. Refresh right table (right click-->refresh)
  3. Copy paste-code into LM script.
However, I have created an excel file which uses ETS data so you can use it instead of .esf import.
The whole process for that file is as follows:
  1. Export GA from ETS
  2. In Excel enter path and file name of exported ".csv" in a table
  3. Automatically get a table like the left of attached file with KNX DPT mapped to LM Objects DPT
  4. Complete manually desired fields like units or Tags
    (Note: With little knowledje of Power Query Tags can be extracted really easily from GA name or Main and Middle parts of GA can be appended to name and so on.)
  5. Refresh table which produces script code
  6. Copy-Paste into LM script (copy all rows of table and do a single paste into script editor)
  7. Run script
Also, that same file can be used for some management of GA, like renaming or creating new empty GA really easily because it gathers modified GA and new GA entries and creates the desired format for ETS automatically.

The advantage of this process in my opinion is that first you keep archive through excel file. Then you bind LM Objects to ETS Objects (ETS can be used as a tool even with modbus e.t.c.) and its really easy to make changes to objects. Just change objects fields, refresh, paste and run.
In addition there is no need to use dummy Group Objects linked to GA (that are created only for the sake of organizing the objects) in order for those to be part of ETS's ".esf" exported file...

For anyone interested I can send him that file. Just PM me and give your e-mail.

[/quote]

Attached Files
.xlsx   Create LM Objects.xlsx (Size: 17.76 KB / Downloads: 37)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Export - Import Tags of LM Objects - by p_xatzi - 04.01.2020, 21:50