This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Search Group names for string
Hi,

You need to use TAG’s for this, add the same TAG to your object groups and then you can attach a event based script to this TAG group to execute something on changes within that group.

You could create a script that add some TAG when objectname contains a keyword you want to use..

What you described is also possible but to iterate all objects on each event especially on a big project as you described is not recommended as it might create quite some load.. 

On the other hand i have a question:

Why do you make the groups like this and not in the ETS?  When  the controller is not available your whole system would fail in my opinion, i always recommend to use KNX functions as much as possible and use script only to achieve things that are not possible in the KNX applications to avoid single point of failure.. The power of KNX is the decentralization...

BR,

Erwin

Messages In This Thread
Search Group names for string - by Diggerz - 26.07.2020, 07:52
RE: Search Group names for string - by Erwin van der Zwart - 26.07.2020, 07:58
RE: Search Group names for string - by admin - 27.07.2020, 05:55
RE: Search Group names for string - by admin - 27.07.2020, 09:18
RE: Search Group names for string - by admin - 03.08.2020, 06:44