This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNX line limits
Hi,

I want to ask general question to more experienced KNX users/installers. As we know KNX line's communication speed is very slow for now, but topology allows many devices to be installed....

I will have aprox. 20-30 devices on 12 lines (looks not so many but..), all of them will be connected over couplers with one main Schneider SL for visualization.. Now I begin think about logic programming and device configuring - from sensors I can receive MANY datas - I have so named multi-sensors.. Not all will works just in own segment...

Modern solution to use IP couplers to main line... But where are the limits?? In project design was used standard but modern (with security) KNX line couplers...

How find balance in working speed and not overload KNX lines? Can you please share your experience in this question?

Thank you in advance,

Alexander

Messages In This Thread
KNX line limits - by AlexLV - 27.10.2020, 12:54
RE: KNX line limits - by stonecroft - 27.10.2020, 15:19
RE: KNX line limits - by Erwin van der Zwart - 27.10.2020, 15:43
RE: KNX line limits - by AlexLV - 28.10.2020, 05:08