This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5 and KNX integration - how should you work with programming
I am rather new to both LM5 and KNX, but know a bit about automation and programming.

My electrician has set up the KNX for my house while I have installed the LM5 lite myself. The LM5 communicates well with the KNX bus. I have just started to look into ETS5 to understand its basics.

On the LM5 I've already set up modbus integration with my hvac and heating pump. I've also set up reading of API's for my weather station, public weather reports etc.

In ETS5-Group Monitor I can see the group addresses I've created in LM5 in Destination column. So far it looks good and I would expect theĀ groups are available for the programming. However, I don't see the groups available in the ETS5 program list of group addresses. I am a bit reluctant to mess in ETS5 just yet as I want my electrician to complete his side first, so I believe this is just lack of ETS5 knowledge and that I must add them in some way.

Am I on right track here or have I misunderstood some basic concepts? Is it so that ETS5 can't utilize the data from LM5 so all programming mixing KNX and LM5 must be done in LM5?

An example of a simple task:
Extra air on hvac is now programmed in ETS5 using a relay output going to the hvac. Now that I have established modbus communication to the hvac using LM5 I should be able in ETS5 to use this group address created by LM5 instead...

Furthermore I've been looking around for learning resources to better understand both ETS5 and LM5-KNX integration. I've looked at some isolated ETS5 videos, but not found anything to identify my issue described above.

Please advice me if you know any good starting points for learning all this:-)

Messages In This Thread
LM5 and KNX integration - how should you work with programming - by dreamcatcher - 07.11.2020, 11:39