This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5 and KNX integration - how should you work with programming
I've played a bit more with Modbus, LM5 and ETS5 now.

I have a question about segregation between virtual group addresses and normal. As I don't know what parameters can be useful in the ETS5, I've put all my new group addresses created in LM5 into the 31 address range. Can this cause a problem with the bus load or other unwanted effects? I've seen other places in the forum that some recommend to make virtual addresses. I see that point if you are sure you don't need it in the ETS5, but as long as you are not certain and you want to keep it tidy - then I prefer to put everything in the e.g. 31/*/* address range.

For now I have about 170 new group addresses defined in LM5 on the 31/*/* range. Some are for testing and will be deleted.

This is (for now) what I have created group adresses for:
- Nibe heat pump (modbus)
- Flexit UNI4 (modbus)
- Davis weatherstation (open API)
- Yr.no (open API)
- Some internal LM5 data

Messages In This Thread
RE: LM5 and KNX integration - how should you work with programming - by dreamcatcher - 13.11.2020, 23:34