This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

2x LM5 - bus overload
hi,

I have 2 LM5's connected to the same network AND to the same KNX bus.
Both have completely different functions and I need them both and I cannot combine 2 into 1.
(for those wondering : 1 is a dedicated alarm gateway, the other the visualisation and general automation server)

When both are connected, traffic on the KNX bus is a 100% almost all the time and every packet is repeated 6 times resulting in major bus overload as if every packet is bounced from one to another and back (which it probably is)

Obviously that is not the way to do it.

When I disconnect 1 LM5, busload decreases to about 2-3%

So, question : how should I connect and/or conifgure both LM5's if both of them need to be communicate over the IP network (same subnet) and both need to communicate to the KNX bus (same line)?

Thanks in advance for any helping suggestion.

Messages In This Thread
2x LM5 - bus overload - by Monolithos - 08.02.2021, 17:30
RE: 2x LM5 - bus overload - by stonecroft - 08.02.2021, 17:54
RE: 2x LM5 - bus overload - by Daniel - 08.02.2021, 19:19
RE: 2x LM5 - bus overload - by Monolithos - 11.02.2021, 11:13
RE: 2x LM5 - bus overload - by Daniel - 11.02.2021, 11:21