This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

"Cloud" backdoor - VPN running even when not enabled
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have a feeling I will be here often Smile

I've noticed that my Wiser (2.6.1) has an openvpn process that connects to Schneider's servers, despite the fact that I didn't even install the Cloud connector app.

From a security standpoint I consider this a risk and think it should be disabled and the VPN tunnel should not be operating unless a user turned on the Cloud connector.

Will be grateful for some assistance with:

1. How do I disable it?
  2. I would like to file some kind of a bug report to Wiser so they fix it - by this I mean have it disabled by default unless specifically enabled by the user.   Is there an official place to file bugs for these kinds of matters for Wiser? I see this forum serves mainly LM and sometimes Wiser although I'm not sure of the connection between them?

Good day to all!
Morkov
Thank you!
Morkov

Messages In This Thread
"Cloud" backdoor - VPN running even when not enabled - by morkovka - 27.08.2021, 08:02