This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Error on some of the addresses when reading Modbus on the Eastron SDM72DM-V2 electric
Hello everyone,

Have a small issue with reading Modbus addresses on the Eastron SDM72DM-V2 electricity meter.

It is an error that repeats itself at several addresses, but an example could be when reading volts on phases 1, 2 and 3.
Has exactly the same setup for reading on all three phases.
"manufacturer": "Eastron SDM72DM-V2",
  "description": "Three Phase Four Wire Energy Meter",
  "read_swap": "n",
  "mapping": [
    { "name": "Phase 1 line to neutral volts", "bus_datatype": "float32", "type": "input register", "address": 1, "datatype": "float32", "units": "V " },
    { "name": "Phase 2 line to neutral volts", "bus_datatype": "float32", "type": "input register", "address": 3, "datatype": "float32", "units": "V " },
    { "name": "Phase 3 line to neutral volts", "bus_datatype": "float32", "type": "input register", "address": 5, "datatype": "float32", "units": "V " }
]
}
Phase 1 answer: 234,760
Phase 2 answer: 234,020
Which is correct.
Phase 3 answer: 9,959
Which is not correct.

If I use the LM Read test at address 5, I get the same incorrect reading.

If I put a USB-Modbus reader in my PC and read at address 5, I get 233,331 back. Which is correct.
Have also tried with a KNX/Modbus-Gateway and here I also get the correct answer back.

So what am I doing wrong in my LM Modbus setup.?  Huh

Link to Eastron SDM72DM-V2 electricity meter manual/modbus:
https://xn--stromzhler-v5a.eu/media/pdf/...2DM-V2.pdf

Messages In This Thread
Error on some of the addresses when reading Modbus on the Eastron SDM72DM-V2 electric - by JanJJ - 06.11.2022, 08:46