This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Error on some of the addresses when reading Modbus on the Eastron SDM72DM-V2 electric
(07.11.2022, 11:18)admin Wrote: Many devices document Modbus addressing starting from 1 but in reality it starts from 0. LM uses 0-based addressing.

When reading from address 1 you are actually reading one register from phase 1 and another from phase 2. Together they form a value that looks valid but it is not. This is why phase 3 reading is not working.

Use read test, set datatype to float32 and address to 0. Find the correct swap mode that produces a valid result.

Hi, Thanks again for the feedback.

Hold on, I've tried a lot. So when you wrote I should try with address 0 I was about to write that I had tried it. And I thought I would just write what value I got back via address 0.
Then read from address 0 and got. -5.91478243391053e+34 in response.
And thought Yes, see what I said it didn't work either.. Dodgy
But... Then I thought I'd just try reading with Word (CDAB) instead of None (ABCD).

And... I had made a mistake.. You were right..  Rolleyes 
Now getting the correct values back.. My setup should be Word (CDAB) and not None (ABCD).

I bow and thank you from here and crawl back into my hole..
Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day..  Smile Blush
Sincerely. Jan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error on some of the addresses when reading Modbus on the Eastron SDM72DM-V2 electric - by JanJJ - 07.11.2022, 12:01