This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Closing popup sliders
Hi,

I have a large house plan that I've divided into four sub-plans, each of which is controlled by popup widgets. I've encountered a problem where it is difficult to close a popup slider once it is opened. See attached visualisation.

The widget takes up most of the screen. There will be many objects to be controlled in each room, hence I have made the icons small (not many shown here for simplicity). The problem is that having opened a slider, it seems to me that the only way to close it is to tap outside the widget, but this closes the whole widget when the user probably wants to tap some other icons too. Tapping the (toggle) icon in the bottom left room does indeed toggle it, but the slider still doesn't go away. Apart from closing the widget the only other way I can see to close it is to tap the small icon that opened it in the first place, which is not easy to do since it is small and risks just moving the slider to a new setting (or tap another icon which IS a slider, but the user may not want to do that).

You can see I've used custom CSS, and I know I can relocate all sliders on this widget to be in the top right hand space for example. This is one solution, but to close it we still have tap the icon which bought it up (somewhat tedious). I thought of making a big black dummy object icon in the top right had area for example, but as for the toggle icon, this doesn't close the widget. I could set up a listener for this dummy object in Custom Javascript but I don't know the script to close a popup slider (is there a suitable command script?).

So, how can I make it so that if I tap on an empty area of the widget, the popup slider closes?

Thanks, Phil

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Closing popup sliders - by tassiebean - 20.02.2023, 03:17
RE: Closing popup sliders - by Daniel - 20.02.2023, 08:27
RE: Closing popup sliders - by tassiebean - 20.02.2023, 12:06
RE: Closing popup sliders - by admin - 20.02.2023, 08:28
RE: Closing popup sliders - by tassiebean - 20.02.2023, 11:59
RE: Closing popup sliders - by admin - 20.02.2023, 12:01
RE: Closing popup sliders - by Daniel - 20.02.2023, 12:56
RE: Closing popup sliders - by tassiebean - 20.02.2023, 13:40
RE: Closing popup sliders - by Daniel - 20.02.2023, 14:05