This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Restore Settings on Power Up into KNX System
Hi,
I have KNX thermostats that do not retain settings on power up.

I want to be able, upon power up, to restore all selected settings to these thermostats and the rest of the system.
As I understand, LM Objects are retentive. However, upon power up thermostats may resend their statuses on bus and thus stored settings inside LM Objects will be changed.

The KNX power supply is in UPS. However, power outages usually have long duration.

So, to sum up. As a solution I thought of this solution:
Use a conventional ton delay timer powered directly from the net and connect its relay to a KNX input (closed contact -> true and vise versa). Then when power fails on edje down I will receive false with which I will store settings into storage during UPS back up. Then if power outage lasts for enough time as UPS will be shut down on power restore LM will boot and then after let’s say 3 minutes delay I will receive a true that will restore and write everything from storage memory.
Due to complexity of this solution, I would like to ask if this is already solved…

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Restore Settings on Power Up into KNX System - by p_xatzi - 04.03.2024, 09:06