This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Control Camera Notification Status
Hi to all.

I am looking for some help on how to create a library in order to call some functions provided by the Synology Surveillance Station API found here.

[url=http://global.download.synology.com/download/Document/DeveloperGuide/Surveillance_Station_Web_API_v2.0.pdf][/url]

The idea is to be able to turn on/off the notification setting of this recorder, so for example, if I arm my alarm system, the KNX bus knows, so through a relative LM script I can then enable the camera recorder to start sending me notification emails (i.e if movement detection), and if I disarm the alarm, the script will disable the notifications.

In the recorder API documentation I understand that it support control through JSON commands and more specifically, I need to modify each time the boolean parameter "mailEnable" of the "SetSetting" Method (page 243) like this:

GET /webapi/entry.cgi?

mailEnable=1 (or 0 accordingly)

Also as I understand from the NetATMO scripting presented at another thread, this must be similar with what I am looking for, but since I am a very new at programming (and LUA and LM in general) can somebody help me with some basic guidelines to start a little faster?

Thank you all in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Control Camera Notification Status - by jetsetter - 28.08.2015, 13:35