This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

[OLD] LogicMachine firmware 2017.04
(30.04.2017, 10:04)admin Wrote: Auth cookie becomes invalid if client IP changes. Its lifetime is set from LM so it will not work if LM date/time in incorrect.

I've tested this function and unfortunately it's working very randomly and probably I've found the source of this randomness but not whole solution for secure, fast and easy remote comunication with LM.

1) I've found some little strange situation. After update I has no admin account in "User access" but still admin credentials works but now I can't change this credentials.

2) Function "Remember username and password" doesn't work for admin account(probably because point 1).

3). Function "Remember username and password" works for other users, but when IP address change it is necessary to type login and password again.

So I think point 1) is a little bug. But from the other hand if this function is dependant on ip address which is often variable(especially on mobile) it has very limited application only in local(and only when ip addresses are static), but it is much more needed in remote than local where sometimes there isn't necessary to have some authorisation.

Is it possible to prepare a solution based not on ip address but on macaddres or client's cookie?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PRE-RELEASE] LogicMachine firmware 2017.04 - by buuuudzik - 30.04.2017, 15:23