This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Homekit app
A long waited Homekit app has been published in the app store.

1. Go to the app and create your devices.
2. Make sure to press Apply changes after each modification.
3. To add LM to Homekit app on iPhone/iPad go to the app on your device, press + and Add Accessory.
4. Select QR code on LM Homekit app and scan it via your iPhone/iPad
5. Follow instructions on the screen.

Apple tried its best to make KNX users life complicated and all the more complex devices have many special and mandatory objects. Use attached documentation to understand what is what and what values are possible.

App will run only on LM.

Attached Files
.pdf   HAP-Specification-Non-Commercial-Version.pdf (Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 316)
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi Daniel,

Great stuff! Is there no way to use it on W4K?

Many thanks!

Best regards
Steffen
(19.04.2023, 18:27)pioneersteffen Wrote: Hi Daniel,

Great stuff! Is there no way to use it on W4K?

Many thanks!

Best regards
Steffen

This is a benefit of using LM, early access.
Ctrl+F5
Hi ,
I need signature file also of this ipk file to install my 2023 firmware LM5 Lite
You don't, just tick the box below to allow install without...
Ctrl+F5
The very first impressions on the homekit app...
Beautiful and responsive.....
If I necessary want to find flaws I would say:
- the update from iOS to LM takes place when the control is released and not during regulation, trimming on dimmers and CCT/RGB could be annoying
- services/characteristics depending by devices is missing... ie Battery Service linked to a device would be nice to get on a system that include a Zigbee hub and therefore probably battery-operated devices (this is already quite un-easy to achieve on Nodered)
but, in reality, really.... CONGRATULATIONS! finally the last piece is in place!!
Got an issue with Window Covering / blinds serivce.... I'm unsure about the objects its looking for....

Current Position Status * (scale)
I assume it is the Current Position (DTP5.1)

Position State Status * (uint8)
Unknown object.... KNX window convering dows not have a uint8 object, but since this is mandatory, device cannot be created

Target Position Control * (scale)
I assume it is the Target Position (DTP5.1)

Target Position Status (scale)
...don't know what is this Sad

how can I define correctly a Window blind?
ciao
M
Please use the documentation attached above to check what is what, there are many strange objects.
Ctrl+F5
Great Job, finally apple home kit will be native supported Smile

Could You add RGBW DT8, this will be amazing.
Best Regards,
New version has been published.
Due to a breaking change Humidity, Temperature and Light Level objects must be mapped again.

@emme, battery service will be added later.
@khalil, Home app does not have RGBW support, only RGB.
Thanks for you effort!

documentation has helped a lot, but I still got few issues:

#1 - Windows Covering percentage
Bus objects for position works 0% open, 100% closed, but HK works inverted
Could it be possibile to add a flag into configuration to choose how handle it?

#2 - Windows Covering uint8 mandatory object
This object does not exist in KNX covers... do I have to create a virtual one and handle the commands? (0/1/2)
btw... I do not use this in my other HK Hub.... just position and it works fine

thanks a lot!
Minor update.
Certain parameters like Temperature Display Units / Position State / Obstruction are made optional.
Device name validation added - only letters, numbers, dash and space are allowed (same as the Home app requires).
Great job!
The way to combine the Homekit with LM5 is so easy!

By the way, is it possible to add more options for the switch function (Like doorbell switch, in Mosiac, we have "start/stop" mode)?
Without it, I have to execute twice ON/OFF actions in Homekit interface to realize a light ON/OFF function.
Thanks!
@richard7, we can't change how the Home app controls look and behave. If you tap the round icon it will toggle the state without opening the control popup.
Hi Daniel nice app, we are using Thinka for now and I have to say that room organizer and some sync app is needed for professional use. 

For Example we have on our installation more than 80 devices basically everytime. So prepare room's and devices and than just sync them to client iPhome saves a lot of clients time and also our time. In case of recovery everything can be synced again. 

Do you plan this feature?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Room assignment is done in the Home app UI, we don't have any control over it. The protocol does not allow to specify device locations in any way.
(01.05.2023, 07:45)admin Wrote: Room assignment is done in the Home app UI, we don't have any control over it. The protocol does not allow to specify device locations in any way.

Protocol maybe not, but for example Thinka Companion application can synchronize rooms from Thinka into the Homekit. So basically it takes rooms from Thinka and reorganize devices in Homekit by Thinka Companion app. Really usefull feature.
I am testing it and having problems with thermostat feature. I can't set the temperature i want in the room.

Further there is no simple thermostat that only allows you to see the temp and set room temp :-(
@KoBra, what objects do you have mapped and what are their current values?
(03.05.2023, 07:30)admin Wrote: @KoBra, what objects do you have mapped and what are their current values?
Mode : heating
Room Temp: 21
Set temp: 20

The only thing it displays is mode off heat cool auto. No now temp and no bar to set temp