This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Request: Custom app connect to the cloud
Hi LM team.

Could you please add the ability to download a custom application into LM app/LogicMachine app for controlling system via the cloud?

I'll try to explain how I see it:
- LM Cloud: nothing to change.
- LogicMachine firmware: nothing to change (maybe).
- LM App: add 1 feature, download custom apps from LogicMachine locally.

How it is supposed to work:
https://excalidraw.com/#json=bosi0Xl1_7g...Y-IhpHUhZA
- Select custom app from the phone app to download it locally by Wi-Fi (option: Select this app as default homepage app).
- This custom app can connect to localbus.
- This custom app can connect to already existing MQTT cloud network.

All app logic depends on its developer like how it works right now.
It's like PWA but in LM app instead of web-browser to bypass CORS.

Why?
- Get rid of Mosaic (picky customers hate it, most customers don't like it).
- Don't wait for Visu cloud.
- Increase sales.

P.S.
May I already create PWA for customers utilizing your MQTT cloud? How to make an auth?
Any thoughts or suggestions, please?
Hi Bitver!
Sorry for late reply. Initially we had the idea as you describe. Thus there is a separate page on cloud where both our apps as well as future partners apps can be published. We have made it so that you can use one and same code base for both local machine as well as for cloud. For cloud we use MQTT over WebSocket. Authentication is also in place. One thing to note - for server part we will make code audit for security reasons before publishing. Lets discuss privately if anybody has some further ideas.
Hi Edgars,
Thank you for response.

Just to clarify, I can already develop an app (similar to Mosaic for example) and be sure that after your code audit and some standard quality control you can publish it for both offline and cloud usage, but there is no option to make a private app for cloud, that can be used only in my company?