This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Holidays, vacation and weekends
Hi everyone,

I've been using LogicMachine schedulers for various tasks like controlling lights, blinds, and thermostat settings. However, I've run into a bit of a challenge: my schedule isn't just split between holidays and non-holidays. I actually have three types of days:
  1. Normal days (Mon-Fri + Sat-Sun)
    • I follow a normal schedule.
  2. Holidays when we travel
    • I use the standard Holiday scheduler for these.
  3. Holidays when we stay at home
    • Ideally, I'd like to follow the weekend (Sat-Sun) schedule, but I haven’t found a way to set this up easily.
What I envision is the ability to use the existing Holiday scheduler for the days we stay at home, and then have a separate thing (maybe a second Holiday scheduler?) for travel dates. I was thinking that this could even be toggled with a boolean variable via a button or something similar.

My main question is: Am I the only one dealing with this kind of scheduling scenario? How have you, the experts, handled this? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for your help!