This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Connect LM to multiple IP routers on the same system!
Hello everyone!
I am using the usual way when there is a large system of 64 devices, I will use Line coupler. But now there is a large project, requiring many telegrams to be sent at the same time. I have replaced Line coupler with multiple IP routers.
Because I have never used it before, I want to ask: Can LM connect to all these IP routers via Multicast protocol.
The IP addresses of the routers are different, but all the configurations have the same Multicast 223.0.23.12
Thank you very much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In short yes but be careful not to overload LM with the traffic.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Yes, I understand that. But let me ask, why don't we upgrade the CPU power of LM? to make LM a powerful Server. I find LM very versatile.
The cpu we use is already the most powerful from the range. There are some works on a new platform but this will take some time.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I am doing this at the moment, not as large.

To limit traffic, each IPR set to filter and place just the required groups for LM on the backbone.