This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

MQTT Client app
Check LM Error log. Are you using encrypted or plain connection?
(02.10.2024, 13:08)admin Wrote: Check LM Error log. Are you using encrypted or plain connection?

i sent PM with the parameters
Thanks, the problem is that your server does not support MQTT V5. It is required by the app to filter out unneeded messages. We can add a config option to allow older protocol versions to be used at your own risk Smile
New app version has been published, see the first post.

New features:
  • Added MQTT protocol version selection
  • Added 1-bit Boolean to on/off string conversion
(11.10.2024, 10:52)admin Wrote: [*]Added 1-bit Boolean to on/off string conversion
[*]
Thank you for keeping improving the application and also adding sorting to the table that makes it easier to manage mappings. 

I have few questions:
1) why you decided to make conversion incompatible with json path? Conversion allowed to simplify /SET topics for relays, but STATUS topics still need to take variable from json path and convert from on/off to boolean using script. I'm not sure why they can't work together.
2) why conversion values are case sensitive? AFAIK /SET commands for zigbee devices are case insensitive, and for STATUS values some send upper case, some send lower case. Of course one can first capture what end-device is sending and put exact value, but i don't see any breaking cases when upper/lower case actually matters.

also little fix needed: for "In" mappings, it needs to be called "String to boolean conversion", as we're getting string from MQTT and need to write boolean value
Hi all,
How do i install the app? From system menu it requires signature file.
Apps are installed via app store Smile Use install by file.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Forgot the three lines :-)
App has been marked as stable and published in LM app store.

The latest version allows using JSON path together with boolean <-> string conversion. The conversion is no longer case sensitive for values coming from MQTT.